Airtel has completely gone crazy. Wants a share in revenue from web services. #netneutrality

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 7,902
Airtel can go fcuk itself. Fiber is the future. ADSL+ is becoming outdated. The faster they realize it ..the better it is.

right. user complains would force ISPs to change their policies. we see this happen all the time. right?

airtel has just made the first step. it was probably a stupid statement made by someone who had no idea about what is going on. or it was a clever move to indicate to their rivals in the market to what can be done.

other isps are more than likely to join the cause because it benefits them in the end.

of course, the likely to it happening is very minimal right now. but i am not going to just ignore the whole thing on the basis of:

1. people would switch to rival isps if airtel starts throttling youtube traffic or facebook.
2. india is a third world country and shit like this does not happen here.

i am just looking at the bigger picture here. i did the same when airtel first implemented fair usage policy. i am doing the same right now. as simple as that.

as for court orders are concerned. i do not see why the government or courts are even relevant here. it is a business arrangement between isps and internet service providers. unless some agreement is broken, courts cannot be involved. network neutrality is not a law in india. there is no government ruling that ISPs cannot block or favor any internet service. i do not understand why you keep on bringing the government or the courts into this situation at all.

on what basis can airtel sue facebook or google in courts seeking monetary damages from them? did they hack airtel network? my head is spinning trying to understand your point of view regarding this step.
Just thought that if airtel is doing things like throttling and blocking of sites ..courts can intervene. Forgot for a moment that we're in india where net neutrality laws are not even framed and where bails for corrupt can be bought with cash 😕

Hey guys Airtel has just now started to throttle , but reliance is throttling twitter allready from 3 monthsEdit : Forgot about youtube also

sadly it is just not airtel, many countries and telcos in E.U too are going to play for this too , again this an example of some outdated business models . telcos will have to learn to innovate to survive now. as for big G and FB they won't give a flying **** to this as they can't pull this stunt off. uncle sam is ready to go war over this.