Beetel 110TC1 keeps restarting

ISP
Airtel
I have an Airtel Broadband connection and I'm encountering a problem with the modem. The modems keeps restarting randomly while browsing. It works fine for a few minutes and then I suddenly get a balloon notification in the system tray saying "A network cable has been unplugged". After this notification shows up, all the lights of the modem except the "Power" one turn off and I have to turn the modem off and turn it on again. Sometimes it works, or I have to wait for a few more minutes and keep turning it on and off again till it works properly.I've noticed that the frequency of this problem is more AFTER I've exceeded my Data Limit of 8GB and keep getting redirected to the Airtel SmartBytes page or when the bill cycle is nearing it's end. The modem works fine when a new bill cycle and starts happening after a few days from the start. So I called the Airtel helpline and they said they would send over a technician and I got a complaint number. The technician showed up the next day and waited for an hour at my house. For this one hour, the modem was working perfectly so he said that there is nothing wrong and he closed the complaint. The moment he closed the complaint, I got a notification on my mobilethat the complaint was closed. I turned on my PC for browsing later that day and the modem gave me the same problem again.So I called Airtel again and told them to send over a technician again and they gave me a new complaint number and said that a technician would arrive the next day. After they gave me the complaint number the modem started working properly again and the technician said there was nothing wrong with it and closed the complaint.(WTF?????)As before, the moment the complaint was closed, the problem started again. This can't be a coincidence.So basically I want to know why is it that every time I call a technician, the modem starts working properly by itself and the moment the complaint is closed, the modem keeps giving me problems?PS:I had an Airtel connection 2 years ago and had the Beetel 110TC1 model at that time. I changed over to Tata Photon Plus but I wasn't happy with the service and switched back to Airtel about 5 months back. They offered me a new modem but I told them that I had the old modem and I don't need a new one. Is the problem because the modem is too old? Please advice me.

Looks like the issue is because of copper gain. It means, some part of the cable it getting exposed due to a cut or so. It has to be sealed properly.

Can someone please provide me with a solution to this problem?

First make sure the cables are connected properly from the DP to your modem and from modem to the system. You may need to call the Airtel technician to repunch the wires in the DP.... also ask them to replace the cable and reconfigure the modem.

I had a similar problem a few years back....and it would become ok before the technician visits....on one occasion he came immediately and found out what was causing the problem : a terminal box placed near the window was collecting rain water LOL Actually the rain was not falling on it but the water was flowing on the cable from above the window where it was exposed.

I am having the same problem for the past few months, the connection would work perfectly before FUP, but nearer a new billing cycle there will be random restarts. The connection will again be fine after a new billing cycle. I usually exhaust my FUP within 15-20 days, so the 5-7 days before the reset there will be frequent disconnections. I had tried to raise a complaint to the CC and even email the 121 email account. But those guys deny a correlation to the FUP.

I am having the same problem for the past few months, the connection would work perfectly before FUP, but nearer a new billing cycle there will be random restarts. The connection will again be fine after a new billing cycle. I usually exhaust my FUP within 15-20 days, so the 5-7 days before the reset there will be frequent disconnections. I had tried to raise a complaint to the CC and even email the 121 email account. But those guys deny a correlation to the FUP.

What solution did they suggest? Did they say it was a problem with the modem? The restarting stops when I call the technician which is kind of suspicious.

The specific problem I called them for was the frequent triggering of smartbytes page whenever I lose the connection. The CC said there was some line digging work going on in my area which might cause the restarts. And that I was supposed the email 121 for smartbytes problem, but 121 replied back saying nothing could be done about smartbytes as it was a "System Problem". They suggested that I disable the popup blocker in my browser, I refused to do so saying it was unsafe to browse without a popup blocker. As expected the random restarts miraculously went away when my billing cycle started yesterday night, in spite of the digging.

The specific problem I called them for was the frequent triggering of smartbytes page whenever I lose the connection. The CC said there was some line digging work going on in my area which might cause the restarts. And that I was supposed the email 121 for smartbytes problem, but 121 replied back saying nothing could be done about smartbytes as it was a "System Problem". They suggested that I disable the popup blocker in my browser, I refused to do so saying it was unsafe to browse without a popup blocker. As expected the random restarts miraculously went away when my billing cycle started yesterday night, in spite of the digging.

So they can't stop the Smartbytes problem? Btw is the modem yours or did Airtel give it to you? What do you plan to do about this miraculous disappearance of the random restarts each time the billing cycle starts?

I have been facing the same problem since probably 5 months now. 110tc1- the link keeps failing and adsl is down page pops up. Of late it has been happening every 15-20 minutes. After 80% data use it is more frequent. Have told airtel and the technician comes- sometimes he changes (or so he says) the building main drop wire. Other times he says the SNR or something has been changed from some local office and it should be fine now. Upon the threads' and my friends suggestion, have purchased a new D-Link 2520u modem. Hopefully the fault was with the modem and it should be fine now. If not, it definitely has to do with the wiring or signal. FRUSTRATING !!!