Frequent Disconnection when on PPPoE & Low Speeds

• Thread starter Thread starter amitprem
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,806

amitprem

ISP
BSNL Broadband, BSNL 3G
I have recently taken an ACT connection (10Mbps Unlimited) discarding my BSNL connection. I am having twoproblems1. When i connect via my SMC wireless router and configure my ACT credentials on PPPoE, it is observed that PPPoE redials frequently and a new IP is assigned every 3-4minutes, which is frustrating. If I disable PPPoE config on router and go with the ACT browser based login, no such disconnection. Any other configuration to be done on PPPoE like MTU?2. Certain sites that used to load fast even on 512kbps in BSNL like irctc, americanexpress, TOI etc is taking long to load on ACT. Google, Youtube etc are blazingly fast. Speedtest.net local shows 10Mbps, but the Intel Bandwidth test and other speed test sites show speed less than 2Mbps.Any suggestions??Amit

Hi Amit,

I am using PPOE with TP-Link MR 3220. I am not seeing such problem. Past 8 hrs same IP. MTU is default : 1480 in my case.
Please find attached screenshots of my PPOE config.

As I am unable to attach files. Please use following url to see screenshot

ppoe-act-broadband - openrhcsa's library

i am using act broadband service,and i must tell you it is very good. the only problem is that once the 50 gb limit is crossed the speed becomes 512 kbps which is very less, we can't even watch videos in the lowest quality without getting interrupted. this is a big problem ,can you please increase the speed to at least 1 mbps so that we can at least watch videos. i have to watch programming tutorials in you tube and even in lowest quality it doesn't come properly.
it is true that 50 gb limit is enough for one month, but i always download software in the beginning. if we only have to browse and not download with that 50gb, then even 2mbps is enough,what is the use of 15 mbps speed. i think it is useful only if we download big software. i never use full 50gb for download, maximum 20 gb. but even then the limit easily gets over,i also changed my plan to act extravagant, but then also after the limit is crossed, the speed becomes very less and is mostly useless. it feels like a dial up connection.

act,please increase the post fup speed, or make a new plan in which there is at least 2mbps or 1mbps speed, this is the basic requirement of a broadband connection. please consider my request. i would suggest you to introduce a new plan in which there is 10 mbps speed in the beginning with a limit of 40 gb,and after that it is 1mbps with a limit of 30 gb and after that it becomes 512 kbps.

vikrantsingh47 said:
i am using act broadband service,and i must tell you it is very good. the only problem is that once the 50 gb limit is crossed the speed becomes 512 kbps which is very less, we can't even watch videos in the lowest quality without getting interrupted. this is a big problem ,can you please increase the speed to at least 1 mbps so that we can at least watch videos. i have to watch programming tutorials in you tube and even in lowest quality it doesn't come properly.
it is true that 50 gb limit is enough for one month, but i always download software in the beginning. if we only have to browse and not download with that 50gb, then even 2mbps is enough,what is the use of 15 mbps speed. i think it is useful only if we download big software. i never use full 50gb for download, maximum 20 gb. but even then the limit easily gets over,i also changed my plan to act extravagant, but then also after the limit is crossed, the speed becomes very less and is mostly useless. it feels like a dial up connection.

act,please increase the post fup speed, or make a new plan in which there is at least 2mbps or 1mbps speed, this is the basic requirement of a broadband connection. please consider my request. i would suggest you to introduce a new plan in which there is 10 mbps speed in the beginning with a limit of 40 gb,and after that it is 1mbps with a limit of 30 gb and after that it becomes 512 kbps.
Hello,
Your feedback is of utmost importance to us to redefine quality of our services. Please provide us your registered contact number or a Customer ID and we will get back to you ASAP. Alternatively you can write to us at nodalofficer@acttv.in or call us on 08064501218
Regards,
ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hello,
Your feedback is of utmost importance to us to redefine quality of our services. Please provide us your registered contact number or a Customer ID and we will get back to you ASAP. Alternatively you can write to us at nodalofficer@acttv.in or call us on 08064501218
Regards,
ACT Broadband
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]hi, this is my Customer ID[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri, sans-serif;font-size:16.363636016845703px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);]- 10452708.[/color]

vikrantsingh47 said:
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]hi, this is my Customer ID[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri, sans-serif;font-size:16.363636016845703px;]- 10452708.[/color]
Hello Vikrant Singh,
Thanks for providing your customer details. We will call you ASAP.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hello,
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hello Vikrant Singh,
The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hello Vikrant Singh,
The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband
no,it hasn't been resolved. i got a call only to inform me that we can not increase the post fup speed in any way. so first 15 days are broadband,rest of the days of the month are dialup. so this is a semi broadband.(unless i don't download anything, only browse).
although the service is very good now, but this is a very very major problem and will remain for everyone until something is done about it. sooner or later everyone is going to realize this and if by chance any other company offers them a better deal ,you might lose your customers. so please think about it for the long term. i migrated from tikona which was offering 2 mbps UNLIMITED. right now there is no competition for ACT,but there might be in the future.

vikrantsingh47 said:
no,it hasn't been resolved. i got a call only to inform me that we can not increase the post fup speed in any way. so first 15 days are broadband,rest of the days of the month are dialup. so this is a semi broadband.(unless i don't download anything, only browse).
although the service is very good now, but this is a very very major problem and will remain for everyone until something is done about it. sooner or later everyone is going to realize this and if by chance any other company offers them a better deal ,you might lose your customers. so please think about it for the long term. i migrated from tikona which was offering 2 mbps UNLIMITED. right now there is no competition for ACT,but there might be in the future.
Hello Vikrant Singh,
Your feedback is of utmost importance to help us serve you better. We will definitely take your point into consideration. [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any queries. Thank you for your cooperation.[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Regards,[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]ACT Broadband[/color]