[Q] Best broadband plan available in Mumbai?

ISP
Jio
I'm shifting from MTNL 3G to broadband services and need your help to select the best broadband plan.

My requirements are around 8-10GB data usage per month, at least 2mbps speed within a price range of Rs. 600-850.

I'm currently inclined to go for MTNL Broadband which is offering a plan of 10GB for 2mbps (post 10GB 752kpbs speed) for Rs. 600. The plan suits my needs very well but I won't mind choosing some other ISP.

Any sort of help is appreciated.
Thanks. 🙂

Which area of the city are you in?

Worli, South Mumbai

Hmm... not too much available there... you may be able to get something from the cable provider (most likely Net9Online in Worli but not 100% guaranteed - they will sell you some package from Sify, In2Cable, Fivenet etc - quality/stability varies from place to place, so may pay to check with people in our building or nearby for their experiences). Hathway & Tikona may also be available but... if the users on this forum are to be believed: avoid. I've used Hathway but that was a few years ago. At the time it was... "sufficient".

Hmmm. The choices certainly are limited. I'll see what can I do, I guess I'll mostly choose MTNL Broadband as it seems to be the most reliable one.I have used Sify, Hathway and Exattnet in the past. The experience with Sify was good but later the cable provider stopped providing Sify and moved on to Hathway and Exattnet and my experience with them was terrible. It's only due to my past experiences that I am more inclined towards MTNL.

I had opted for MTNL 3G and now the two months plan has expired. Again I'm in the same confusion. Have there been any new plans from ISPs during these two months. I'm honestly fed up of MTNL 3G and don't wish to use it at all. 🙁