Can I use MTNL Broadband with several devices using a router?

ISP
Jio
I'm planning to migrate from MTNL 3G to MTNL Broadband and my query is that if I connect the cable to my router, will I be able to use the internet on my laptop, my phone, my dad's Blackberry and several such devices or is MTNL Broadband restricted to just one device?

It doesn't matter what Internet u use so yes!

They need to have the MAC ID of the router so that they can identify that it is a router belonging to you - should the need arise.You can then connect any device you like to that router, but it is your responsibility to secure it and secure it well and give out the password only to people you trust: if you leave it insecure and someone connects to your wifi and does something nefarious (hacking, cracking, talking smack about the Gandhi family - stuff like that) - you'll be the one held responsible.

Oh thanks for the clarification. 🙂
BTW I'm planning to go for this router - TP LINK 150Mbps Wireless N Router | Router | Flipkart.com
It will work with MTNL Broadband, right?

So long as you already have an ADSL modem, yes (MTNL rents these for Rs50 a month I think), otherwise you would need to get TP LINK TD-W8951ND 150 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router | Router | Flipkart.com which comes all inclusive - but should you choose to move to another service that doesn't use ADSL (eg, it is not MTNL, BSNL or Airtel), you'd have to again buy another router, so... your choice.

Oh thanks a lot for this valuable information. So I guess it's a good idea to rent a router from MTNL rather than purchasing a new one. I'll contact MTNL tomorrow and clear things up. Thanks again. 🙂

Oh thanks a lot for this valuable information. So I guess it's a good idea to rent a router from MTNL rather than purchasing a new one. I'll contact MTNL tomorrow and clear things up. Thanks again. 🙂

It's an option. On second thought, I believe they'll also rent a router which has the WiFi in it - check with them on that before you go buying anything.

Wait a sec, what kind of routers do they rent? I can connect to multiple devices wirelessly using the routers MTNL rent, right?
BTW is Hayai available in Mumbai?

Yes, they rent WiFi routers and yes.

Here's the lowdown, mtnl wifi routers are useless. Get your own. Also, how much data do you intend to download in a month ?

If that was a concern, I would have recommended against choosing a TP-Link device at all, but for a