Apple iPhone

China pips Apple on iPhone 5 launch | Reuters

Sellers on Taobao, a unit of Alibaba Group, are accepting orders for the iPhone 5, in some cases asking for a deposit of 1,000 yuan for the new phone. One seller, "Dahai99888", who started accepting pre-orders this week, is asking for full payment upfront, at a cool 6,999 yuan.

Really 😕

Hmm looks like Aircel is making a push at disposing its 3GS inventory... They have a new offer in which you pay 9999 for an 3GS & 3000 advance rental for either 2GB per month 3G data for 12 months or 1000 mins + 2500 sms + 2GB 2G data for 6 months... Seems like a decent deal to me for someone who would want to buy an iPhone for just 10k... The catch however is that this is a postpaid only offer & we have to check weather the iPhone is unlocked or not... It the iPhone is unlocked than I think this is a super deal 😀 ...

http://www.aircel.com/AircelWar/appmanager/aircel/delhi?_nfpb=true&name=3GS&_pageLabel=P22400229511306046919306

Apple iPhone 3GS now available for Rs 9,999 - Tech News - IBNLive

Edit if u guys have any problem accessing the link its basically just was Chormanic has posted..

Also anyone buying an iPhone under this offer pls pls pls read the terms & conditions carefully before u buy... ask them questions like is the iPhone unlocked & what happens if u want to terminate the connection after 12 months (or 6 months in the case of the 2G plan)...

man. is the aircel website loading for anyone?

Lolz u are right... Clicked on the link myself & it doesnt seem to load... Anyway the link is posted on Aircel's homepage... So u can have a look there...

PS deleting the link & just gonna put aircel's homepage...
Edit
Err I think there is something wrong right now with aircel's website itself & not the link in particular

I doubt it will be unlocked. As it would mean, people walking away with a 3GS for 13k. But then, not many would pay anything more for a 3GS anyway.Aircel's website is horrible. I have thought before, that visiting a nearby office might be faster.

But the question is how many... the fanboys who can afford will get the 4S. The non-fans will go for a better Android/Blackberry/Windows phones or even "Nokia" symbian/meego etc phones. So we are looking for a specific crowd which wants an iPhone, but is hesitant to spend 40k & I really wonder if thats a huge segment in India.