Apple iPhone 3GS for 9999/- plus 3000 advance rental from Aircel

rajadeep

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 9, 2007
Mumbai
Hmm looks like Aircel is making a push at disposing its 3GS inventory... They have a new offer in which you pay 9999 for an 3GS & 3000 advance rental for either 2GB per month 3G data for 12 months or 1000 mins + 2500 sms + 2GB 2G data for 6 months... Seems like a decent deal to me for someone who would want to buy an iPhone for just 10k... The catch however is that this is a postpaid only offer & we have to check weather the iPhone is unlocked or not... It the iPhone is unlocked than I think this is a super deal :D ...

http://www.aircel.com/AircelWar/appmanager/aircel/delhi?_nfpb=true&name=3GS&_pageLabel=P22400229511306046919306

Apple iPhone 3GS now available for Rs 9,999 - Tech News - IBNLive

Edit if u guys have any problem accessing the link its basically just was Chormanic has posted..

Also anyone buying an iPhone under this offer pls pls pls read the terms & conditions carefully before u buy... ask them questions like is the iPhone unlocked & what happens if u want to terminate the connection after 12 months (or 6 months in the case of the 2G plan)...

rajadeep

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 9, 2007
Mumbai
man. is the aircel website loading for anyone?

Lolz u are right... Clicked on the link myself & it doesnt seem to load... Anyway the link is posted on Aircel's homepage... So u can have a look there...

PS deleting the link & just gonna put aircel's homepage...
Edit
Err I think there is something wrong right now with aircel's website itself & not the link in particular

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
even the aircel website is not loading here. had to fetch that screenshot from the google cache.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
I doubt it will be unlocked. As it would mean, people walking away with a 3GS for 13k. But then, not many would pay anything more for a 3GS anyway.Aircel's website is horrible. I have thought before, that visiting a nearby office might be faster.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
well people are already paying 20K for the iphone 3gs. i know some. my sister in law is one example.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
But the question is how many... the fanboys who can afford will get the 4S. The non-fans will go for a better Android/Blackberry/Windows phones or even "Nokia" symbian/meego etc phones. So we are looking for a specific crowd which wants an iphone, but is hesitant to spend 40k & I really wonder if thats a huge segment in India.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
not really. a lot of people go for the 3gs because iphone has a solid reputation in the market. not everyone cares about the capabilities of the phone itself. i have played with the iphone 3gs for a couple of minutes and i can safely say that it is a fine device. the touchscreen is phenomenal and smooth compared to top end android devices. i would personally not pay a penny for it. but i can see why it is a good option for regular people. it is a much better deal for anyone willing to pay 15-20K for a smartphone. better than most comparable android devices.

dupree

Regular
Regulars
May 23, 2008
mumbai
Hmm looks like Aircel is making a push at disposing its 3GS inventory... They have a new offer in which you pay 9999 for an 3GS & 3000 advance rental for either 2GB per month 3G data for 12 months or 1000 mins + 2500 sms + 2GB 2G data for 6 months... Seems like a decent deal to me for someone who would want to buy an iPhone for just 10k... The catch however is that this is a postpaid only offer & we have to check weather the iPhone is unlocked or not... It the iPhone is unlocked than I think this is a super deal :D ...

http://www.aircel.com/AircelWar/appmanager/aircel/delhi?_nfpb=true&name=3GS&_pageLabel=P22400229511306046919306

Apple iPhone 3GS now available for Rs 9,999 - Tech News - IBNLive

Edit if u guys have any problem accessing the link its basically just was Chormanic has posted..

Also anyone buying an iPhone under this offer pls pls pls read the terms & conditions carefully before u buy... ask them questions like is the iPhone unlocked & what happens if u want to terminate the connection after 12 months (or 6 months in the case of the 2G plan)...

All iphones (3GS, 4, 4S) sold by aircel are unlocked.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Maybe its to do with the perception of people you find around you. Most of the folks around me would choose android over iphone anyday, and if they had to choose iphone it has to be the 4S. I mean,for them getting a 3GS would like getting a Nokia N7 or Android Froyo device like Xperia X10. Also, has the latest OS been installed on the 3GS, or even the version 5, people here & elsewhere mention that , that itself has slowed up the device a lot.