Not getting good download speed from EVDO despite of full signals :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
Hi,I have recently purchased BSNL EVDO.At my location (dehradun) the device shows full signals.But the speed is still very slow.The maximum speed I got with this is 40 kbps.I am using windows 7 and mozilla firefox as internet browser.In this same forum I read about other devices also offered by BSNL.I have ZTE AC8700 device.Can I change the device with a better one like huwaei?Can the device change give me faster speed as signal reception is always high in my area?Please Help

Are you sure that your area comes under EVDO coverage? If your area dosent comes under EVDO coverage you will get max speed of only 144kbps

maybe you've set the device to "Only CDMA" mode. try fiddling with the settings. are you sure your area comes under EVDO coverage? Did you check this before with any other device?

I know its a old thread and op might have not interested in this thread. Anyway it might help someone so i am gonna post it.
As per my knowledge zte ac8700 is rev 0 device .......... which have maxmium download speed of 2.4mb/sec per second and upload speed of 153kb/sec..........I have used zte ac8700. It give me full signal strength but speed was 60KB/sec to 90KB/sec then i use a copper wire and roll it on its antenna and that's worked like charm. My speed increased to up to 150KB/sec but the upload speed increase only 10kb-20kb............my upload speed was only 7KB/sec to 12KB/sec..........Now i am using prithvi ue100 modem provided by BSNL. It is rev A device and it have maxmium download speed of 3.1mb/sec and upload speed of 1.08mb/sec(not sure about upload speed) but the problem with it is it did not give me full signal strength like zte ac8700...........my privious data card zte ac8700 give me 5 bars all the time without any change........but prithvi ue100 device give me 4 bars and sometime 3 bars......But it have better download speed and upload speed than zte ac8700...........I usually get up to 1mb/sec download and up to 150kb/sec upload speed.
I think Micromax MMX 300C........would be better than prithvi.

Status
Not open for further replies.