What is the Purpose and Use of RAM?

• Thread starter Thread starter 5381357
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,619

Ok guys I recently purchased 1GB DDR2 667MHz RAM from Flipkart EVM DDR2 1 GB PC RAM (EVMP1G667U68D/EVMP1G667U88D) | Ram | Flipkart.com and upgraded my system to 5GB, what I want to know is that what is the use of RAM in the system, do you see any performance boost in gaming, opening applications and loading times cause when I installed the RAM I found that applications opening and loading times significantly increased by 10%. Do you also see performance boost in gaming and applications and how much RAM at what clock rates is installed in your system, please share your views, thanks!

I have read 2-3 different things, I think need to read manuals of your specific motherboard to see if it falls I have readMay or may not apply to youa) Some require RAM to be of same capacity, you seem to have a different combo nowb) Some Motherboards will cause the system to use the speed of the slowest of the two RAMs

Hope the OS you have installed in your pc is 64 bit. If it's 32 bit, then it can only use 3gb of RAM.

Gaming depends on your overall pc, mainly on the CPU and Graphics card. RAM won't increase your gaming performance if you're using onboard graphics or if you have an outdated CPU

Open Task Manager when you are putting the maximum amount of load that you usually put on your machine. If the system is consuming more RAM than you have, you SHOULD get more RAM. Otherwise, you are not going to gain much from it.