YOU Telecom Pune Outage

• Thread starter Thread starter sanhin2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,239

sanhin2

ISP
BSNL DataOne
i have been hit with my first outage. It was working fine for the last 1.5 months. Have lodged a complaint with the toll free No. I had read a lot about the "24hr" clause in which they will contact you which sounds silly and it is exactly what the representative told me.How have your outages been handled in the past? Are they prompt?or like BSNL cant be bothered?

Here in Mumbai I have not faced a downtime of more than few hours yet .. I mean the net hasent been shut for like 24 hours and more .. They generally rectify it soon .. However if its only you whose affected then they are lazy in sending technicans and you have to follow up a lot , give threats that you will disconnect if technican does not come soon etc .. But if your full area is affected then there is nothing you can do except wait ....

@ gaurang.. i am getting error 651. I do not have a modem though. Is there something that i can do get the net working? Its a sunday so im sure they wontbe doing anything to restore it today.

@ gaurang.. i am getting error 651. I do not have a modem though. Is there something that i can do get the net working? Its a sunday so im sure they wontbe doing anything to restore it today.

Error 651 I think is username/password.. for that you shoud beable to login after 15-20 mins .. however since u cant, I think for this only the call center guy can help u .. otherwise why dont u delete the you broadband icon and make a fresh ppoe and see if it solves.. I was getting error 720 a lot so the techie guided me on how to make a new ppoe connection and touchwood after that I dint get the same error again ....

I had read a lot about the "24hr" clause in which they will contact you which sounds silly and it is exactly what the representative told me.

During one instance of interaction with CC, I requested to connect to the senior available, I was told sorry we cannot do that since that can be done only after 24 hours, and when I mentioned it is already two days up, they just told, 24 hours means 8 x 3 working days. They told me that you had reported by evening so and so time and hence there is still some time left in the third day!

sandeeprao said:
During one instance of interaction with CC, I requested to connect to the senior available, I was told sorry we cannot do that since that can be done only after 24 hours, and when I mentioned it is already two days up, they just told, 24 hours means 8 x 3 working days. They told me that you had reported by evening so and so time and hence there is still some time left in the third day!
They work 8 hours a day , So 24 Hrs would mean 3 Days.
That's a long time and it should not happen . Not at least for a segment like ISP.
The turnaround time should be 5 hrs and the MTTR should be 12 hrs under normal cases. Even if they are unable to repair the fault , they should inform the customer the exact problem so that customer will have hope and wait for the issue to be resolved.
If the network is too complicated or they have wires flying all around then its obvious that the turnaround and MTTR will increase.