• Thread starter Thread starter IBFUser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,606

IBFUser

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Hey Guys,I need a new modem router to be used with airtel broadband.Requirements : Built in modemDual BandLong RangeUSB port printer sharingUSB port for 3g/evdo dongle sharing (optional)Budget around 10kThanks in advance

well, about 20 devices will be connected to this setup and data will be flowing constantly up/down through individual VPN's. my only concern is, whether this modem will be able to handle that much load.

well the number of devices shouldn't affect the modem, the allocation would be done by the router. but with so many devices, I presume the modem would be continuously transmitting data. Don't know how well it would handle such usage. What sort of range do you need?

range ?in case you are asking about wifi range then 4 rooms shud be enoughin case of price then ~10k

Just ordered the TP-Link Modem. Now looking for a capable router cause router will be doing most of the hard work 😀Can you guys suggest something with simultaneous dual band with usb port (printer server must and 3g/evdo sharing optional) with good range

Got router yesterday. setup was breeze, no issues so far, no hangups/disconnections etc.Router is connected to modem in full duplex mode for the time being, didnt get time to test 3g stick yet. Range is good, also my lappy is connected @ full advertised speed i.e. 300Mbps