Blckberry Curve 9360 and BB Bold 9780

• Thread starter Thread starter 5381357
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 2,300

Ok Guys My Sister recently purchased a bb curve 9360 for Rs.18.5k at juhu croma and my brother the bb bold 9780 for 22k, though I Am not a blackberry user myself and not a big fan of blackberry phones as I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 which I puchased last month, i wanna know what's there in blackberry phones that attracts so much cause after using it for an hour or so my hands started paining and by looking at that small bb screen with low pixel density is not good, though I don't have many friends I don't use any bb messenger as such or anything, but as two of my family members bought such a costly handset I don't find it much appealing compared to the Android Phones which are the best and which I use it myself, so from now on I wanna say Goodbye to blackberry fones forever.

Well, BB is popular for 2 things - Their enterprise security & push mail that allowed them to access & use corporate mail on the go. And secondly BBM is quite popular. And the build quality used to be decent, not sure now. Also, big screens are a new thing, even until 1-2 years ago, 95% phones in Inida were with small screen & keyboard, and in that sense BB screens are slightly bigger than those.

lol if you are stuck in a usergroup with people owning blackberry you are going to feel left out. so i am assuming that your sister and brother have a network of friends who mostly own blackberry devices. do not feel bad for them. they are living in the 2000s 😀

I am also surprised at the purchase of Bold 9780, which is an old discontinued model with OS6.Blackberry is moving towards BBOS 10, but they have promised they will continue upgrading their OS7 mobiles, atleast for a while, so in that sense the 9360 holds good for another year.No such info as far as I know for OS6 mobiles.

i know people who bought a blackberry device for 32K few months ago. 32 ****ING Ks.

Personally, even I am surprised that BB is somehow managing to survive even this much in India.Must be the OS7 based Bold device.I am just waiting to see if BB10 becomes the lifeline or the last nail in the coffin for Blackberry.

I've been given a BB by my company, as it is the only mobile device allowed to access e-mails remotely. After using it for 2 months, I'm surprised that people spend their own money to buy BBs and spend more money for enterprise/BBM package from telcos 😡iPhone rules :applause:

Which mobile device are you given, i.e. model. And yes the enterprise/BBM package is something that makes me avoid BB, also they being expensive for the features they offer, otherwise, whatever little I have seen & used, I have liked.iPhone as a device is ok-ish. But, I somehow dislike Apple's policies and for me, they try to act like the boy who owns the bat & ball & threatens to take them away and march home if he is given out.Pricing is more ridiculous than BB's

From a utility perspective, BB is no match for iPhone. I can do browsing, FB, twitter, photos, workout, directions, mails, music, reminders and many more innumerable things elegantly with iPhone.Moreover, every Tom, Dick and Harry has a BB, it is a phone for the masses!

Again, which device do you have 😀? The starting range of a BB device (an old model at that) is 9k, and most decent models are around 20k. How can it be a phone for the masses. I would consider an iPhone, if they offer it at 30% of their current costs, nothing more.

well the cheapest model can do bbm perfectly. and if you want a device to do that primarily, it is a pretty decent device to own. not everyone has needs for apps. college and school kids just need a cheap alternative to texting.

exactly. blackberry devices are best operated through the keyboard. touch experience is not really fun on current generation models. and cheaper devices are good enough to do the basic stuff like telephony, messaging and even email.

Well, I would like to also know if the problem is with the specs, the OS or the app ecosystem. And yes, the model tells a few things. For example, Blackberry itself has sort of admitted in the past that they messed up things (their words were "not up to their own standards") in a couple of models.

lol. they are messing up by aping android and ios. and they are taking a shit long of a time to do that. they are in the same mess as microsoft. all current devices on sale are technically outdated because they are not going to get the next major OS update from the respective companies.