Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100

• Thread starter Thread starter 5381357
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,572

Hi Guys, I am Planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 for Rs.18,800 at my nearby electronic store in Mumbai at Andheri West, i Wanna know if anyone has bought this product, It will be helpful if you give your views cause this is my second purchase in a month, my last purchase was the Samsung Galaxy S2 which I purchased from croma juhu for Rs.26,500.P.S: I Don't do any Job or studying but I am a Gadget Freak, I am buying this Tablet PC from my Mother's hard earned money who is a professor by profession. It would help me before buying the product, thanks, peace!

Well, if you are so concerned about spending, why not avoid a tablet unless you feel you really need it. Also, not sure avoid possibility of getting it, but my current suggestion would be Nexus 7 from Asus/Google.

Well, if you are so concerned about spending, why not avoid a tablet unless you feel you really need it.

Also, not sure avoid possibility of getting it, but my current suggestion would be Nexus 7 from Asus/Google.
Nexus 7 is a good Tablet but it is not available in India, that's the minus point, or else I would have immediately bought it.

In that case, in that range for Android, I think this looks ok. Ofcourse, I am not even looking at brands like Micromax, Karbonn etc.

Dont buy the Tablet for the following reasons.1. The tablet market is just hotting up.Tabs are going to be cheaper.2. I own a Galaxy Tab P6800 (7.7), bought at 35k. Samsung has some pathetic drivers for the tab. Cant connect the tab in "Mass storage mode", only samsung drivers work. I cant transfer mkv videos and certain videos to my tab. As a turn around, copy those to USB drive and copy back to the tab from USB. Airdroid is not helpful in this matter. For the past few days, KIES does not even detect my tab, hence unable to upgrade to ICS.3. There is no app in Android market to access facebook (other than facebook official app which is pathetic). For Twitter only Tweetcaster works. Other apps are for phone only, not properly visible in the tab resolution.4. Dont expect support from Samsung, you are never sure whether u will get updates to the OS.5. Touch Wiz is pathetic, my Tab is dual Core 1.4 Ghz. It slows down thanks to Samsung.6. No custom ROMs available as yet in the market!

^Well, if can wait, then nothing like it. But what would you recommend if needed to purchase today.

Yup, thats why I also said Nexus. But I was keeping only Android as the choice. There is also Playbook to consider.

Hmm 7" tab for 18.8k or 10" iPad 2 for 22k... iPad seems like a better buy in my opinion... & if u only want a 7" tab then Google nexus 7 will be cheaper & better... But I think u should be asking urself a more fundamental question... Why the fk do u even need a tablet... What will the tablet do that ur costly 26k SII wont do??? U say u are not working or studying & still u want ur mom to pay for devices that are totally useless for u right now... I was in 11th when my dad paid for my 1st mobile, after that I have bought dozens of mobiles (even when I was in college) with my own hard earned money.... Want my advice??? Just shutup & play with the costly phone u like just bought... w8 for a year or 2 when u start earning money urself & then buy lacs worth of gadgets with ur own money...