Router in PPPOE mode giving problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashish89
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,615

Ashish89

ISP
BSNL
Hi guys,Recently I configured my BSNL router to PPPOE from Bridge... thanks to some awesome posts herebut now i am facing problems with it like:when i type any site its does not opens.. i have to try refreshing three four times for a site to open...my connection is okay cuz its still is giving good download speed around 60kb/sec (i have BSNL 750 unlimited plan)but browsing web has gotten really slow.. with every site taking time to open..also the problem began after my switching to PPPOE mode... had no prob like this 1-2 days ago when i was in Bridge mode...also i think problem must be something i did while changing my modem configurationi deleted all the rows below 0:35 & 0:32 while in advanced tab of my modem configuration window... is that gonna be a problemi thought myself to have intermediate knowledge level abt computers etc but i am not understanding a single word abt this modem configuration.. its like a whole new language with its army of all different words 🙂pls help

On the face of it, seems like a DNS issue. Another thing, right click in the connection icon in the task bar, click on properties, navigate to tcp/IP properties, set everything to auto.

On the face of it, seems like a DNS issue.

Another thing, right click in the connection icon in the task bar, click on properties, navigate to tcp/IP properties, set everything to auto.

i have already done that ... both DNS & IP set to auto.. but its still no good

MTU is set to 1492... as for google DNS i'm confused, with many people airing view against it on the net... also thats not where the problem is as earlier i was not using google DNS... i have suspicion that i may have altered some setting while configuring the pppoe mode... also cud u guys tell me where is the problem, as i said download speed havent been affected at all... its just that i have to try 3-4 times for a site to start loading, after which they load quickly... it makes no sense to me why this would happen

Right. I say factory reset your modem once, provided you know your broadband account's user name. If you need help setting it up, post here 🙂

Right. I say factory reset your modem once, provided you know your broadband account's user name. If you need help setting it up, post here 🙂

okk ill try it... though already reconfigured the pppoe mode using the modem user guide to see if did anyhting wrong...

i am curious though does switching from bridge to pppoe mode affects browsing in anyway... 🙂 otherwise ill have to switchback to brige mode than... let the other computers n my home suffer without internet 🙂

No, the browsing experience should remain the same. Now that you mention other computers. Could you tell me some more about the way internet is set up at your place ?

thanks guys for the help but i figured it out... everything is okay with my modem settings ... its due to freaking BSNL connection.. sometimes get good speed sometimes not... 🙂
the timing got me confused, right after i changed my modem settings...
thanks again

No, the browsing experience should remain the same. Now that you mention other computers. Could you tell me some more about the way internet is set up at your place ?

btw Ethernet cable... just two computers...1pc and a laptop... i do not use wifi... speed gets low & many others problems...