OverClocking Core2Duo 1.86 Ghz

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,038
D

Deleted member 13033

I am thinking of overclocking my PC ...to pretty much as safe levels possible......so help me out 🙂Motherboard is Intel946...

Not possible on a intel board

You have to buy Gigabyte, Asrock or Asus for OC the processor to his max level. These MOB are the best in this time with there performance.

hmm...I need to upgrade soon my system has been lagging pretty bad lately not taking in the latest browsers either 😛 btw can anyone tell me if my mobo 946GZ support a 6 core AMD processor... ?

ooh. 96 core processor.

dam u ..so fast in the reply didn't even get time to edit it lol..... I went in future apparently lol 😛

google and find the tech specs of your motherboard. that would tell you which processors it would support. so basically you would have two options. get a faster processor from the series that is compatible with your motherboard. or buy a new motherboard and processor combination.946GZ seems to be an intel chipset. are you seriously thinking of running an AMD processor on an Intel chipset based motherboard? 😕

I wanted to do buying the new mobo and new ram part later...I used up the cash on something else lol 😀 so I just wanted to get processor for now if thats possible 😀and I did not understand from the specs of my mobo Intel946G if it will support 6 core or not...only thing I found was it is only for C2D mostly...