1 Mbps pure unlimited on 750UL

Guys anybody checked BSNL Dataone Tariff page.They have updated many plans at least for Bangalore circle if not all over India.

Guys anybody checked BSNL Dataone Tariff page.
They have updated many plans at least for Bangalore circle if not all over India.

I didn't see any new plans. I did see they played around with the URI/URL a bit. Before it used to be http://bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_COMBO_Unlim.htm (think when there was the old and the new website) and now it's at http://www.bsnl.co.in:9080/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_combo_unlim.html

Don't/didn't see any changes at all. If there are any changes in combo or unlimited plans please share here.

This thread is pure fantasy and BS. There has been no change. And if my local BSNL babua is telling the truth, there are no changes planned, either, for a very long time. There's nothing in the pipeline.

It is possible that people might temporarily get higher -or lower- speeds at times due to misconfiguration by incompetent BNSL employees.

This thread is pure fantasy and BS. There has been no change. And if my local BSNL babua is telling the truth, there are no changes planned, either, for a very long time. There's nothing in the pipeline.

It is possible that people might temporarily get higher -or lower- speeds at times due to misconfiguration by incompetent BNSL employees.

https://www.speedtest.net
this after I exhausted my 6gb limit

https://www.speedtest.net
this after I exhausted my 6gb limit

I am on ULD900. I can post a screenshot 'proving' that my limit is still 512 kbps. Just because there's a temporary local miconfiguration does not mean BSNL have modified their plans. Enjoy the extra performance while it lasts. Download as much as you can.

Most of the plans minimum speed after FUP has been increased to 512 kbps.

What about plans that already had 512 kbps after FUP? Plans like ULD 750 and ULD 900?

Also dont forget Gov rule of min 2mbps speed for indian BB.

[*] It's 512k as of April or so (it was supposed to be January) - 2mbps doesn't come in to effect until 2015.
[*] This is a bullshit "regulation" because even when it will be effected, it only covers how they can advertise the plan. An ISP can still offer a 512k or 1mbps Internet plan, they just can't call it broadband. It's basically a name change, that is all.
[/list]
It's unlikely to actually change anything except the base price of what can be referred to as broadband: if they didn't change the price, you'll still be able to get Internet for Rs500 or 750 or 1000 a month, but broadband will start at 1500 or 2000 or whatever.

To actually change what is being offered, the regulations need force more specific technical measures on the various methods of internet access, such as acceptable limits for the SNR and attenuation on ADSL, for example, as well as more specifics on what can be allowed on FUP'd plans, where contention ratio can/should be measured and less ridiculous peering costs.

Personally, I'd favour full-speed ADSL up to a data cap of the user's choice (which could be anything from 5 to 500GB depending on how much the user wants to pay, for example) before the line gets rate-limited to 128k or 256k or whatever, otherwise a speed-rated line (1, 2, 4, 8, 16mbps for example) should not be subject to an FUP, but possibly traffic shaping as can be necessary, and again, priced reasonably, rather than how MTNL has done in Mumbai and charges 9999 for 4mbps against 999 for 1mbps (How could they possibly explain that? You'd think buying "in bulk" would get you a discount per megabit!)

Of course, Wimax, 3G, LTE, WiFi, HFC, FTTB & FTTH would have their own set of regulations according to those technologies as well.

My cable operator still provides 256 kbps plan. see ssv technologies

Where is the word "broadband" on that page?

@MgcarleyYes , i too would love to have a data capped , full speed plan. But the tradeoff with UL should be justifiedI would love a 300 GB for 1000-1300 Rs and post FUP a decent 256kbps would do. After steam sale , i came to know how much we all lack from "broadband".But at the same time , unless customers demand , the ISP`s will love to maintain their status quo.There is a reseller in my neighboring town , who sells 1 mbps UL for 900 Rs i think so .

@Mgcarley

Yes , i too would love to have a data capped , full speed plan. But the tradeoff with UL should be justified

I would love a 300 GB for 1000-1300 Rs and post FUP a decent 256kbps would do. After steam sale , i came to know how much we all lack from "broadband".

You have to be realistic in your expectations. 300GB at that price is just not going to happen, period.

In fact, nowhere in the world will you get anything like that for that price. Sure, you can get "unlimited" in most of Europe but the thing is that they're not all sitting there downloading 300GB a month - the users doing that are few and far between, and that's why it's possible. Here that's not currently the case.

You have a lower limit as to the cost of the service (infrastructure) at which point the assumptions surrounding usage will define the plan price - but even Rs1300 doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room - certainly not 300GB worth.

Now, before you say "but I can download 300GB on 1mbps!" let me stop you right there and point you back up by a couple of paragraphs: while you *can* get that much in a month, the general assumption is that you'll not be saturating your line 24x7... 20-100GB is a bit more typical (100GB is still ~8 hours a day), so if anything, at that price level I would expect an FUP limit of I guess around 100GB or so but probably not more than that. Double the price and you might be able to get 300GB (since the only additional cost is the actual usage).

Of course, what I was actually trying to say with my previous post was that the regulations saying "512k minimum" and so on are simply not effective and that they need to be much more specific if they really want to improve the quality of broadband here.

If you would like to use high speed internet services then you should select leased line services. This will help you to increase your business productivity.

I'm still getting 1mbps+, have been getting that for almost this whole month now. 😊

🙂 Enjoy till the glitch lasts but donot think it will last forever.

You have to be realistic in your expectations. 300GB at that price is just not going to happen, period.

In fact, nowhere in the world will you get anything like that for that price. Sure, you can get "unlimited" in most of Europe but the thing is that they're not all sitting there downloading 300GB a month - the users doing that are few and far between, and that's why it's possible. Here that's not currently the case.

You have a lower limit as to the cost of the service (infrastructure) at which point the assumptions surrounding usage will define the plan price - but even Rs1300 doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room - certainly not 300GB worth.

Now, before you say "but I can download 300GB on 1mbps!" let me stop you right there and point you back up by a couple of paragraphs: while you *can* get that much in a month, the general assumption is that you'll not be saturating your line 24x7... 20-100GB is a bit more typical (100GB is still ~8 hours a day), so if anything, at that price level I would expect an FUP limit of I guess around 100GB or so but probably not more than that. Double the price and you might be able to get 300GB (since the only additional cost is the actual usage).

Of course, what I was actually trying to say with my previous post was that the regulations saying "512k minimum" and so on are simply not effective and that they need to be much more specific if they really want to improve the quality of broadband here.

yes it was a bit of overask from my side. Actually my consumption level has been slowly going down. I used to consume 120+ GB / month on a 512 kbps plan , now it hangs around 50-70GB /month. although i would love to have some kind of add-on or something , like whenever we need those extra data bandwidth (read Steam sale 😀 ). Even sushubh used to say the thing . After few months of getting into the high speed bandwagon , the crave to get stuffs gradually reduces. I think 150-200 GB for 1000-1300 Rs would be a good ask ?