• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 4,450

vinay_kumar

Techie
ISP
Airtel, MTNL, MTS
Dear friends,
I bought a 10.2 inch Flytouch Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS tablet pc with the following tech specs for Rs9900+octroi.
This tablet is quite fast and no issues with any software, except some apps in the Google Playstore may not be compatible with this device.
Plays AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG Videos files, FLAC/APE/WAV Audio and picture formats JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF.
E-books and documents are also supported in WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML
Installing or upgrading apps from Google Playstore is very easy.
The Ethernet port (RJ 45 LAN) is an added plus point if needed to connect to wired broadband or office intranet 😉
2 USB ports work as USB host and OTG port for external mouse / keyboard /printer attaching.
The TF-Card slot reads MMC memory cards very nicely. mini-HDMI port helps connect to LCD TVs and capable of playing HD movies through the bundled Vortex player.

Technical Specifications (customized configuration by me)

[*]Operating System: Android 4.0 ICS
[*]Processor: Vimicro VC882 1Ghz
[*]Screen: 10.2" 16:9 1024*600 LCD Touchscreen: 2 point multitouch, resistive
[*]Memory: 1GB DDR2
[*]Storage: 8GB
[*]Card Reader: microSD up to 32GB
[*]Audio: 2x speakers, mic, 3.5mm earphones jack
[*]Other Ports: RJ45 LAN, miniHDMI, 2xUSB
[*]Webcam: VGA front facing
[*]3G Network: external ready
[*]Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g
[*]Bluetooth: supports external dongle
[*]G Sensor: yes
[*]GPS: included, internal
[*]Battery: 4800mAh
[*]Dimensions: 270*170.5*15mm
[*]Weight: 670g
[*]Accessories: GPS Antenna, 5 Volts, 2.5A Charger, stereo earphones, HDMI cable.
[/list]

Some more screenshots:

But resistive .... Is a bit disappointing.. But LAN is a huge plus.... Also other USB etc stuff...

I am using a mouse with one of the USB port since the device has USB Host and OTG support. Even external USB keyboards works fine.

Yes, I see a few plusses as well. Bought it at a store or online? Are there better spec models available or this is the best one.

Yes, I see a few plusses as well. Bought it at a store or online? Are there better spec models available or this is the best one.

Yes friend, I bought it from this site Flytouch 6 WoPad V10 | TechToys2go.com considering they have limited products that they test and review themselves before selling.
Easy configuration customization on the website with shipping options helps in controlling cost. With the excellent after sales support and 1 year limited warranty, I thought this to be a good deal.
There are better spec models too. You can visit the site and find out: TechToys2go.com | low prices on tablets, netbooks, cameras, MIDs, PMPs, phones and more!

Resistive? That's impossible to live with.

Haha...yes you are right, but it does not matter to me. I am using a mouse and planning to get a wireless Logitech Android mouse too 🙂

Haha...yes you are right, but it does not matter to me. I am using a mouse and planning to get a wireless Logitech Android mouse too 🙂

Bohot achchhe! Hows the picture quality of analog TV on the tab?

Thanks.

TV out connection?

Bohot achchhe! Hows the picture quality of analog TV on the tab?

Analog TV connection through external TV tuner is not possible right now, but I am enjoying many popular TV channels in normal quality without cable or dth connection through internet.
Will wait for Android USB TV tuner drivers and apps and install when they come 🙂

I thought it has analog tv tuner. Can we install VLC media appl in the tab? & is there any HDMI tv out connection?Thanks. 🙂oh sorry ya it comes with HDMI cable & aiming should TV out 🙂.Did u use GPS antenna? how did it work? any application & subscription need for it?Thanks.

I thought it has analog tv tuner. Can we install VLC media appl in the tab? & is there any HDMI tv out connection?
oh sorry ya it comes with HDMI cable & aiming should TV out 🙂.
Did u use GPS antenna? how did it work? any application & subscription need for it?

Yes we can install VLC media player app either from VLC link: VideoLAN - VLC media player for Android™ or Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon

No I have not used GPS antenna nor have any plans to use it, it just came along with the tablet pc. It works on GPS satellite tracking data. Yes it needs apps and subscription from a service like MapMyIndia etc.

It has analog tv tuner inbuilt?
Recording facility?

No there is no analog tv tuner inbuilt. Only sound / video recording facility through inbuilt camera and mic. cable or dth tv channels viewing or recording feature not there.

what is the price of the tab??

Rs11,400 is the final price of the tab including everything shipping, octroi etc.