Get ready for a crippled Google Search Bar in Android

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Samsung disabling local search from Google search bar in Galaxy S III

Google would disable local search from their search box in an update for Jelly Bean.
Samsung seems to have started disabling search from Google Search Box in S III.
Everyone else would have to follow.

All credit goes to Apple because they 'invented' universal search.

dupree

Regular
Regulars
May 23, 2008
mumbai
Although I love apple products and happy with my iPhone 4 but I hate apple for this recent patent war, they will go to any extent proves that they just can't stand competition. **** you apple.

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
Regulars
Aug 19, 2008
Kolkata
Next is what? Apple suing every manufacturer because they 'invented' touch screens?

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
provided they got a patent for it? they do have some patents for multi-touch. and they sued google for that initially. do not remember what happened with it.

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
Regulars
Aug 19, 2008
Kolkata
its like they are 'jealous' why other phones are being sold, they just want people to use iPhone.

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
I read in many articles that Universal Search has already been removed in the Update released few days back. But even after that Update I am still having Universal Search Widget and it working fine too.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Well the update for S3 has been released in the US market by Sprint and AT&T from what I know. Not globally. And it might not be released globally considering Apple only has patent for it in the US market.

Citrus

Regulars
Dec 9, 2010
Sikkim
Next is what? Apple suing every manufacturer because they 'invented' touch screens?

They do own patent for multi touch screens. They could possibly do that. ;P