• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,800

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
South Africa in England 2012: Eye injury ends Mark Boucher's England tour | Cricket News | England v South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo

"The extent of the eye injury can be described as severe. The eyeball (globe of the eye) was repaired during the operation," Mohammed Moosajee, the South Africa manager, told ESPNcricinfo. "The long-term prognosis at this stage remains unknown. He is definitely out of the series and will return home as soon as able to travel. The selectors will announce a replacement shortly."

The setback looms as a potential career-ender as Boucher had said the tour of England would be his last. If that proves to be true, Boucher will end on 999 international dismissals, including 555 from 147 Tests, which is a record.

999 - May end up with another Bradman-style record?

We had our own Saba Karim end up his career quickly due to a severe eye injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW3zpVvoCTM

Get well soon Mr. Boucher I seriously miss you! Hope to see you soon in some other role!

Boucher and Moin khan! 2 wicket keeper I like the most...they stick to the wicket whenever team required them to hold the wicket and make runs. Boucher is gentlemen cricketer and only player who first came forward to shake hand with Sachin when he scored 200 in Gwalior.

sad .. I like him

Another irony. Boucher retired with an average of 30.30, while Taibu retired with an average of 30.31

from youtube comments^^

Well its sad to see any sportsman retire in this manner. I wish a speedy recovery to him. BTW he had 999 dismissals as a wicketkeeper, a 'Bradman-ish' record!

All the guys whom i have been watching for a long time they are getting retired....Sachin the number kab ayega...?