• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 8,210

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
We had cancelled & surrendered the Airtel CPE with a balance of about 5-10 rupees left (Got Videocon as 2nd connection) & now suddenly I am seeing a recharge of 750 that has happened into my account (Got SMS asking me to keep the surrendered STB on for services to resume 😛 ). I had not given any auto-debit & as of now do not see any amount deducted from any of my accounts. But wondering if this is somebody's else recharge, have sent a mail, not sure what they will respond. I hope they credit the right person if thats the case.

Airtel DTH is useless. I have been getting SMS of someone else account on my mobile and always the messages are of low balance. I have complained numerous number of times on CC, twitter, nodal but nothing has been done.

Well, thats one kind of nuisance. Here I am more concerned about losing out of Rs.750 Rupees and if the person is not found or mapped correctly, Craptel will gain the benefit.

Got a call, they apologised and said wrongly credited & amount will be reversed. But gave no info beyond that, meanwhile I notice that I am upgraded to a Mega pack with 2-3 Topups & my burn rate has increased 2.5 times, I hope this is not the way they meant they would reverse it 😕

I bet they wouldn't have credited the amount to the guy who had actually done the recharge. They wouldn't even have made efforts to find him!

Yes... Even thats what I think... Even if that guy calls, they will probably just make him run around saying no amount is showing credited 😕 . From my perspective, I don't really see what else I can do 😕

Update : Still my account has balance & money is deducted daily from it - from a closed account & with no STB active. I am tempted to tell Airtel to stop the deduction & that I had accidentally recharged it & that they refund me the money. I can atleast give that money to charity, rather than let them enjoy the loot.

Day 5 since problem reported. Validity shows 6th Sep 2012. 60 Days in Total. Lets see how long they take to fix it (If at all, they do).

No updates. Its Day 8. Good going Airtel. Absolutely no intention of solving a problem.

I actually noticed that there are some Rs.111 reactivation charges etc as well. So I think the amount the person who recharged spent is actually more.

Airtel Presence tweeted that they fixed the issue without doing anything. I guess they must be wishing/praying that its been a week since contacted & it should be resolved by now. Think, that must be happening to about 15-20% of the issues. No luck for them here. Issue persists.Two weeks since issue reported.