750 rupees recharged into cancelled account

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 8,214
My dth account has someone else's address 😛

Got a similar kind of call from some number today, that my address is changed. And nobody is there to confirm it. So a big fool of me, I just verified it again on phone.
Realizing the mistake after 5 mins, that I have given my address to someone unknown, I immediately called airtel DTH CC, and confirmed them that there's no address change. They also said so, that there's no address change request that we have received.

Three weeks since issue reported. In the meantime, I get a mail asking me to send the bank statement showing the transaction and the mode of transaction and other details - I guess they dont understand the simple English, that its an unknown recharge. I have had enough dealing with them. Bad luck to whoever recharged by mistake. And my signature has my views on Airtel already. Enough said on this. I will update this thread once the entire money is swallowed by Airtel without giving any actual service.

OK... Here is a scarier part now. In my Airtel login, for DTH I now see some other random name Murali Krishan, and the address is now a mixture of my address and someone else's (I assume his). I think the root cause is that my surrendered STB has been handed over to him. But my partial address, customer ID and phone number is linked . What to do with this mess now.

Cal them and inform about changes. I hope they wont mind changing/correcting mistake.When I had my Airtel installation done. The guy who took details made spelling errors in almost every word of my address. (He even mentioned Classic as Klasic) 🙂But later I called CC and updated all address as I usually mentioned everywhere.

The spelling mistakes were horrible in mine. I called up twice, resulting in even more or different spelling mistakes that I gave up. Coming to the current thing, I have called up twice (three if you include once when I was disconnected on hold) & emailed. These buffoons are saying they will call me back in 2 hours when I call them & no response to mail when I last checked.

Just mail them. I had similar problem which has solved via mail.

I sent them a mail about things 1.5 months ago, that itself was never resolved. Airtel is proving that they deserve the Craptel tag attached to them by a few.

I sent them a mail about things 1.5 months ago, that itself was never resolved. Airtel is proving that they deserve the Craptel tag attached to them by a few.

Then you have no option but to subscribe all channel or change your to maximum one package lower one. using SMS base activation You can register your account online with airtel and do the same.

Who is own your account now is defiantly argue and change their number with CC.

Hmm.. Guess you did not read the full thread. I had closed the account & surrendered the STB 3-4 months ago. I only see the account along with my mobile account. Now, you can say, then I have nothing to worry. But then some of the personal details are linked to the Digital TV account which is a worry. A lesser worry earlier was a unknown credit of 750 Rupees in the account.

Ok, Get ready to hear some funny stuff guysAirtel Guy called me and asked me if you have surrendered the connection whats your problem? I asked him about same customer ID & he replied that customer ID can be reallocated (I wonder that) . I told him about my concerns of partial address, DOB etc issues and he said he will remove them from the site and then he told he has removed all and "Resolved" the issue.Now when I logged in, I could see he has made some random changes such as changing 4 to a 5 in DOB. Removing some random portions of address (so that address is now only remotely similar to my old address). My order history would continue to be available on that account & the rep dismissed my concerns (Literally sounded you must be crazy to even consider putting that as a concern)Best part, I can still access that account & I can upgrade packs, order movies etc unwantedly 😛umpkin: on that account. So basically, anyone taking a Digital TV can be having a reallocated number and the "older" owner can mess around with my account. I am only thankful that is not a kind of account where credit card details etc are linked 😕

@mhsabir: How dare you make fun of airtel/craptel? Now, get ready for more idiotic assault from them :tyrannosaurus:

I fear Airtel is not doing same with their Mobile numbers then 🙂Or imagine if re-allocated number is gone to some mischievous person, and record still continues to show previous owner 🙂

Yes.. After all they are the company that caused this

Man wrongly detained for 50 days has ISP to thank ? The Register

Police in India wrongfully arrested and detained a Bangalore man for 50 days after internet service provider Airtel mis-identified him as the person who posted images on Orkut that insulted a revered historical figure.

Lakshmana Kailash K., a 26-year-old techie, was arrested at his home on August 31 and transported to Pune, more than 10 hours away, according to news reports. He was held for 50 days and was released three weeks after police claimed to have apprehended the real people responsible for the posting.

Lakshmana's saga started after someone posted unflattering images of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, who lived in the 17th Century and is credited by many as the founder of the Maratha empire in Western India. According to this post, authorities got the poster's IP address of from Google and then paid a visit to Airtel to find out who it belonged to. Airtel fingered Lakshmana.

Google has said repeatedly it has no option but to cooperate with official law enforcement inquiries - such as this case. Indian police are saying it's not their fault for wrongly detaining a man for 50 days. And an Airtel representative was quoted saying the company is "distressed by the severe inconvenience" caused to their customer.

Translation: if you live in a country where freedom of speech is not protected, you can be imprisoned for weeks at a time for no other reason than you use the net. Sure, Google and your ISP may feel bad about your plight, but they certainly won't be standing behind you.

2008.. Man, you have had problems with them, even before I even started using their services.