750 rupees recharged into cancelled account

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
We had cancelled & surrendered the Airtel CPE with a balance of about 5-10 rupees left (Got Videocon as 2nd connection) & now suddenly I am seeing a recharge of 750 that has happened into my account (Got SMS asking me to keep the surrendered STB on for services to resume :p ). I had not given any auto-debit & as of now do not see any amount deducted from any of my accounts. But wondering if this is somebody's else recharge, have sent a mail, not sure what they will respond. I hope they credit the right person if thats the case.

aviral sangal

Senior
Dec 9, 2010
Noida
Airtel DTH is useless. I have been getting SMS of someone else account on my mobile and always the messages are of low balance. I have complained numerous number of times on CC, twitter, nodal but nothing has been done.

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Well, thats one kind of nuisance. Here I am more concerned about losing out of Rs.750 Rupees and if the person is not found or mapped correctly, Craptel will gain the benefit.

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Got a call, they apologised and said wrongly credited & amount will be reversed. But gave no info beyond that, meanwhile I notice that I am upgraded to a Mega pack with 2-3 Topups & my burn rate has increased 2.5 times, I hope this is not the way they meant they would reverse it :confused:

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Yes... Even thats what I think... Even if that guy calls, they will probably just make him run around saying no amount is showing credited :confused: . From my perspective, I don't really see what else I can do :confused:

mhsabir

Xclusive
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Update : Still my account has balance & money is deducted daily from it - from a closed account & with no STB active. I am tempted to tell Airtel to stop the deduction & that I had accidentally recharged it & that they refund me the money. I can atleast give that money to charity, rather than let them enjoy the loot.