Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

• Thread starter Thread starter uumeshh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 6,878
ISP
MTNL
Has any Galaxy nexus owner got jelly bean update. I read on the forums over at xda that jelly bean Dev update is out and people have it on their GNex

from what i understand google has not released it officially. the builds available on xda and other sources is the test build made available to developers and testers. official launch is expected in the coming days. i guess it would be released when Galaxy nexus goes on sale once again from the google play store.

international rollout could possibly take weeks. my unit is running on 4.0.4.

I think you can have the taste of it by running a custom rom floating around in xda. May be let others know what it feels like 🙄

i have never before rooted or installed a custom rom. and i do not plan to change that behavior now. 🙂

tbh, since the jb release, I'm having a hard time deciding which phone to buy. Gnex suddenly seems so much more attractive 😛On a more serious note, after I updated a friend's phone (manually) with jb, the battery life plummeted . Gives a max of eight hours on a single charge with moderate usage. I've calibrated the battery again, but to no avail 🙁Do report back on the battery life with jelly bean 🙂