Need a forum like this to have a dedicated Automotive section!

bstolia

[OP]
Jan 23, 2012
Hey everyone!

Okay, I'll make it short & straight-forward. I'm part of a Highway-Driving/Auto Enthusiast Group on Facebook, and since our "Activity" is getting pretty high, we need a proper forum like this to discuss stuff. It's basically a Fan-Group for a guy called H V Kumar, a guy who has travelled across the length & breath of this country. This is the Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvkumar/members/

You'll see alot of his travelogues on Team-Bhp. Infact, Mr.H V Kumar, recently wrote a Ladakh travelogue that got over 3,00,000 views on Team-Bhp. And hes' a really nice & helpful kind of guy... One of those John Lenon types.

We currently have ~2,700+ members, and recently also attempted to have a simple website, hvk, but we've not been able to take it forward much, for want of volunteers.

Mods & Everyone else : Please consider guiding us what we could do from here on.

Thanks in Advance. :)

(Requirement Clarified on Post #11 : http://broadbandforum.in/cars-and-bikes/79869-need-forum-like-have-dedicated/2/#post644839)

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
What exactly do you need help with?Just buy some webspace and a domain. Then buy a forum software like IPB or VB or Xenforo (or use the free PhpBB) depending on your budget. Setting up is pretty easy, most instructions are included. Admin might be able to tell you which of these is the easiest to use since he has used most/all of them.

Samuel

Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
They need a proper forum like this to discuss stuff.I think either they are asking for some space on this forum or just want us to guide them how to start a forum like this.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
But then this forum has been on the interwebz for a long time ! Patience is what they need, apart from the things manu1991 has mentioned :p

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
If I get it right he needs permission to post articles linking to their site / forum from within the automotive section here.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
They are on TBHP, but request is for a 'dedicated' forum. Right now they are on FB, and that has its own limitations when it comes to discussions. TBHP would obviously not allow dedicated threads / sections for a member. They are therefore looking for alternatives since the dedicated website they had made didn't work. Enough speculation, its better the OP talks here else we are becoming the Indian media speculating things

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
lol. now i can help them setup a proper forum using a free offering like phpbb or bbpress. it's not that big of a deal.