Really low speed - help?

• Thread starter Thread starter Beans
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,753

Beans

ISP
3G datacard MTNL
I am using the MTNL 3G Jadoo datacard on my computer. The speed is normally not great, around 256 kbps, which is really nowhere close to the 3 mbps anticipated. But in the last couple of days the speed has sunk to about 15 kbps. Am wondering what to do and how to fix this. Is this because I have recently shifted to New Manglapuri in New Delhi? Is there anything I can do to solve this? Please help.

In most cases you should get ~2.5mbps. How is the signal strength on 3G ?

In most cases you should get ~2.5mbps. How is the signal strength on 3G ?

Right now I have none of the bars on the signal sign... last night there were two bars out of four. I don't know how else to measre the signal. So I guess this means my signal strength is low? How do I fix THAT?

Download MDMA from here - http://www.nerve.org.za/mdma/mdma10030c.zip

And report back the signal strength in -dBm . While running mdma, mobile partner should not be running.

Hi.. I'm sorry but that file doesn't work with my OS. Am using Ubuntu 12.04. Is there an alternative?

Hi, sorry... this doesn't work on my OS. I have Ubuntu 12.04. Also am not using a mobile at all - am using a datacard.I have pinged, though, and it is pinging at 0.3 ms on an average....

Right. Anyway, given the fact that you're getting zero bars out of 4 means that the 3G bts is quite far from your place or is perhaps damaged (evidenced by the fact that you do get 2 bars at certain times during the day)Now to get your problem fixed, either visit eidgah exchange or call 1503 and hope for the best.

u can't unless you use a external antenna or go near the tower...if there is no coverage at all even external antenna won't have any signal to boost...