Android 2.3 Phone recommendations under 8K (My frist Android!)

• Thread starter Thread starter prakash_mvpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 1,696

prakash_mvpa

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
I am looking for a android phone strict budget of ₹ 8000 .Some Suggestions I got:Samsung Galaxy Y/fit/pocket, Dell XCD 35/ZTE Blade II/Idea Blade, Idea ID 918(Alcatel one touch), LG OPTIMUS L3,Htc explorer AND...Sony Xperia Mini/Mini Pro.I don't like Samsung Galaxy Y with its small screen(I have a samsung star 3g phone now!). I liked Xperia Mini/pro and see that it can run ICS. only thing I don't like is its a slide phone with keypad. Anyone have Mini/Mini Pro - any feedback? Can I get one in 8K budget(Mini Pro)?Also, Please pour in Suggestions.TIA+

Xperia Mini is w/o keyboard, Mini Pro is. Price-wise you will have to probably extend your budget to 10+(or even 11) , again Mini Pro will be additional 3-4K more.If you extend your budget to 10k, you can consider even phones like Spice MI-425If hardlimit of 8k, you can also look at Micromax 3-4 models at 5-8 range. Otherwise most are covered in the list above.

Xperia Mini is w/o keyboard, Mini Pro is. Price-wise you will have to probably extend your budget to 10+(or even 11) , again Mini Pro will be additional 3-4K more.

If you extend your budget to 10k, you can consider even phones like Spice MI-425
If hardlimit of 8k, you can also look at Micromax 3-4 models at 5-8 range. Otherwise most are covered in the list above.
Hi mh sabir,

Do You agree that out of the above list of phones, Xperia Mini/Mini Pro are the best choice considering it gets official ICS upate? I will prefer Samsung,Sony et al than rebranded China/malaya phones.

What other difference between mini and mini pro? which one will You recommend?

in ebay.in, Mini Pro is sold(grey import?) for Rs8500 with only 6 months dealer warranty. If I can get a Rs500 flat discount coupon, it can fit My budget 😀

600 mhz Cortex A5

As for the Cortex-A5 SoC in the HTC Explorer, it is clocked at 600MHz and ran the benchmark in 2.34 seconds which is nearly three time faster than the Cortex A8 and, clock for clock, faster than even the Cortex-A9. Cortex A5, Cortex A8, Cortex A9 Contest Yields Surprising Results | ITProPortal.com

If want to buy Mini then buy from

Buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i online, Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i Price, Reviews @ Indiatimes Shopping Use code DEAL1200 to get 1200 off ( code valid till 10 july) , Final price Rs 8800 with full Sony India warranty .

I dont see much difference between Mini & MiniPro except for keyboard & MiniPro would be 2-3k more. So, in that sense the above deal looks good - However, Indiatimes would not be favorite site to buy, based on reviews available.And even I am not a fan on dealer warranty stuff, if anything goes wrong, its bound to be a headache.

Nokia India Online Store is hosted on IndiaTimes. I am not sure if they have improved enough to justify this deal.

i would personally suggest staying away from them. there are massive number of online stores out there. you can avoid the likes of indiatimes and rediff shopping.

ebay has one thing going for them. ebay actually works as a middleman and usually has a pro consumer stance. in case of indiatimes, they are the guys you would have to deal with to get customer support in case of a bad/missing delivery.

in ebay.in, Mini Pro is sold(grey import?) for Rs8500 with only 6 months dealer warranty. If I can get a Rs500 flat discount coupon, it can fit My budget 😀

Oh that is a Chennai based dealer who is selling these. seems shady ..not confident enough.. found out these infos about that deal. seems like imports/demo pieces He is selling as new.
Posts on Tech, Gadgets, Quality of Products, Services and so on!: Ebay India phone buying experience / review - ebay.in Seller sankyoelectronics
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i Mobile + Seller Warranty @ Rs. 8402 From Ebay Power Seller - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

I expect low quality used/open boxed/grey imports with few other dealers in ebay including power sellers also offering this mobile for anything less than 12000 rupees. lesson learned never get lured for VFM.

Sony Xperia mini/pro is out of My range, I guess.