Hyundai India launches an online portal for customers

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Hyundai Launches the Online Service Website

This website site will offer personalized services like service scheduler-reminder, on-line service booking, history – periodic service details, Service & insurance calculators, nearest service station locator etc. and other valued information in the form of ready reckoner which will encapsulate warranty guidelines, owner’s manuals, maintenance tips and guides. Customers will also be notified for the promotional services along with the Value added services including expertise recommendations, schemes benefits and the prices.

:: Hyundai Motor Company ::

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
I hope I am finally able to see what I am always told over the counter about my services. I know for a fact that these guys have a centralised database which contains the service history

And this is what they show on registering:

I admit to not giving the correct / complete VIN number

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
lol. i laugh at the errors produced by .net framework. and of course java.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Actually both are programmer errors, the language has nothing to do with it :)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i get that part. php has simple errors. :D two three lines at max :D these errors are like BSOD of the web.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
LOL @ "BSOD of the web"

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
in any case, i really wish more automobile companies provide online dashboard for the cars owned by their consumers. i could not get my insurance renewed at tata showroom because they delayed the delivery of the car. now i have to visit them again today to get it done. i could probably call them to send a guy to my place. but i prefer to get it done at their premises. i should be able to see my car's history along with other updates and information online. found out fiat had a free replacement on some part that fiat had issued on my model. luckily, the service guys remembered and did it for me. i wonder, how many other free replacements and offers were missed just because i do not deal with tata service center on a regular basis. i do not have any interest in following team bhp to get such updates. these should all be available online. good job hyundai for taking the initaitive.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Didn't get the insurance renewal thing. Insurance can be renewed online right.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
it can. but i get my insurance done through tata's own service. so i renew it at the dealership itself. from what i have seen, going through the company's own insurance offering is safe at times when you have to make a claim. i have had no trouble dealing with maruti in the past. same experience with tata last year when i had to get some body work done. a friend of mine who purchased xuv500 late last year opted for an insurance from the company his mother represented. he was in a major accident around 2 months ago i think. and he has been struggling to get maximum coverage for the damages. he might have saved himself a lot of hassle if he had taken insurance directly through mahindra. i could be wrong though. but i tend to stick with car manufacturer's insurance division :confused:

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Oh, that way. I thought you were opting for a private insurance at the dealership. Online insurance renewals are hassle free not to say cheaper. Thankfully in my case my claims have always been honoured to the full extent. I am not aware if Hyundai has their own insurance policy though.