Tata DOCOMO 3G Sucks (0.08 Mbps download speed)

• Thread starter Thread starter FlourishDNA
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,428
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlourishDNA

ISP
Docomo
Hi all,

I have 2 Photon 3G and 1 Photon Plus devices. Now I am really frustrated as the net is very slow. Here is the screenshot of the speed test that I did by going to SpeedTest.net website: https://i.imgur.com/EVrM7.png . I have complained several times by calling Customer Care and writing an email to listen@tatadocomo.com, but they never resolved the issue. I didnt even receive the reply to my mail which I wrote on Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM. They did send a technician to my place and he did all the testing and he couldn't solve the issue and he said someone higher from network department will come and do the necessary as the issue is not with the PC nor the Device, but with the main network. The network guy never showed up so I called them again and this time they asked me to clean temp files and disable services from msconfig which I do all the time and I have the knowledge about it as I am a developer.

Here are few of the complaints that I registered by calling Customer Care:
1. NWK3G10065755 Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM
2. NWK3G10068089 dated 04-JUN-2012
3. NWK3G10068089 dated 29-MAY-2012

I have registered more then this, but I haven't kept a record of all of them.

What should I do as I work for US company which requires high speed internet connection? Is there any other service provider who can provide at least 3Mbps of speed by promising 7.5 Mbps?

You can go for Idea 3G or Vodafone 3G..even BSNL's good....!!

Lack of speed is not the only issue with Docomo. Their customer service also sucks. I am not surprised that you did not get any reply from listen@tatadocomo.com. Have you tried contacting them using other methods ? Here is my experience -

1) Tried calling them - It takes about 10 minutes to get through the maze of their selection choices. When you finally get to some to one to talk to, they have a bunch of stupid questions to validate your identity. On many occassions, once I got through the whole process, the phone line would get automatically disconnected. This has happened more than once. On one of those (rare) occassions when you actually get to talk to some with out getting disconnected, their "system" will not be working and you will be asked to call back. Well, if the idiots knew that their system is not working, why did they make me go through the maze ?

2) Tried contacting them through web chat - All standard excuses like "system not working" applies to chat service as well. Again, they find out about this only after you have gone through the process of validating your identity. And ... the chat service also does not work most of the time.

3) Tried to contact them through "My Account" on their stupid website - none of the links related to filing complaints work. You get errors when you try to do anything. The only thing that works flawless is paying their bills.

I am really not getting in to the poor quality of their service. I have almost had it with them and am getting ready to stop the service. Got to find a lawyer and sue these guys.

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Tata Docomo!
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
We request you to kindly provide us the Tata Photon Plus connection details.
For any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

Thanks and Regards,
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Tata Docomo!
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
We request you to kindly provide us the Tata Photon Plus connection details.
For any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in or you can call us on 040-66570232.

Thanks and Regards,
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO

Oh yeah ???? Sincerely apologize ???? Do you just copy paste this message ? Or have they given you a macro which creates this response ?

Have you read my post ? I have tried to contact you in every possible way and it has not produced any results. I get a canned response like the one you just gave me. I am not spending my time and money to call you guys. That is why I am coming out to a public forum to let others know that you guys suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.