Ghayal Once Again

I dont think Aamir Khan ever had "non-golden" period.

He was giving hits after hits even before that.

He probably has 80-20 hit ratio. Not just commercially but also sensibly! 😀 (Unlike SRK and SK movies!)

Sunny Deol never had golden period. (In terms of hits after hits)

He had not given SOLO SUPER HIT for 5-6 years before Gadar.

Sunny Deol is like - 1 super-duper hit in 6-8 years! And then fall down rapidly.

If Ghayal-2 would be 1 such hit.. God knows! 😀

If Ghayaal-2 does not - Dharmendra will soon launch Apne-5 or Apne-6 (with some different name) starring father and 2 sons! Keeping their income rolling.

Aamir was doing full on commercial movies before Lagaan. He also did shit movies like Mann and Mela during the period that led to Raja Hindustani and Lagaan. Raja Hindustani was a huge hit but frankly speaking it was a shit movie. After Lagaan he came very selective about his projects and has been doing pretty good cinema. Mangal Pandey was... a major debacle.

For me honestly - I liked Mann!

I could never figure out why did it go flop - same for RHTDM (one of my most fav. movie)

i liked mann too. till the part where koirala lost her leg and hid it from aamir khan. the first half was quite entertaining. but again. like raja hindustani, it was a shit movie.

Rhtdm - I think Madhavan was seen more as TV star and (still is) in the north. Tamil version minnale is a super duper hit. This and saathiya (Vivek oberoi and rani) equivalent in tamil made his career.

It also established Vivek ( Tamil comedian) as the leading comedian of that time.

Sunny deol has covered everything in action. The only thing left probably is that needs to show how himself bashing an alien who has come to plan an attack on mankind

I'm Punjabi.. I prefer the Deols any day
But the last hit was YPD

Didnt even like SK's Kick, Jai Ho
But SK is a safer bet.. oh well

Well I like Sunny Deol. Because I still like his earlier hits. And can see them anyday!