Unable to download from S3 Amazonaws with spectranet connection

• Thread starter Thread starter kirang
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,061

kirang

ISP
spectranet
Hi everyone,Today I got my spectranet connection installed but I have to mentioned it is dealayed by 2working days. I was promised installation on friday but had to wait till tuesday before installion was done. I am already disappointed and frustrated but had to putup with it. My package was 2mb speed unlimited download. Speedtest.net was showing good speed but when I was downloading from S3 Amazonaws it is showing 8hr to 9hr for downloading 2.5gb file. I had tata phonton connection previously speed was around 256kb or even less and when I tried to download the link, it was taking same amount of time.I calledup spectranet customer care, executive started off saying 'hi' as soon as he pick up the phone, I have to admit I have takenback by that kind of greeting, not to mention my phone call was disconnected first time after being in the queue for 8 to 10min. Finally when I explained him the problem that I am not able to download from above link he dismissed it by saying it has to do with site and they will not be able to help as speedtest is showing good speed.I came office and downloaded from the same link it took 30min to download whole file. The problem is if I download at office I can not be able to carry it to home.Question I want to ask today is why am not able to download at greater speed, even though BB speed is good. Is there something I can do to change this. Only reason I have taken this new BB connection is that I can download this files, I would have to download more in future.Any suggestion would be appreciated.

no isp would guarantee speeds from specific locations like the Amazon servers. maybe the servers were overloaded at that point of time? you cannot do much about it. isps would guarantee speeds till their own data centers. few would even consider the results of speedtest.net. but not all servers out there.

Despite this, I think Amazon has been having some issues in the last few days, hasn't it? I don't know if it's still affecting services though.

right. aws issues took down multiple web services like instagram etc. your issue could be related to it.

So what I want to make sure is if my service provider is not playing any tricks here. if it has to do with the site then not much can be done.