Maharashtra to force all vehicles rfid number plates for tracking

S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

[OP]
Makes my blood boil.Someone should file a suit
Maharashtra RTO ‘spy’ to breathe down drivers’ neck - Mumbai - DNA

The state transport department is now planning to include radio frequency tags on every number plate. These high-security number plates will bring a communication revolution, with authorities being able to ‘spy’ on your vehicle’s real-time movements.

“Besides the features included in the national plan, the Maharashtra RTO is keen to include RFID microchips as an additional security feature on these plates. This will make it easier for the RTO and traffic police to obtain information about you and your car even from 300 feet away;” the RTO official said.

The microchip will store data pertaining to the car owner, including registration details, chassis number and RTO details of past offences. It can be scanned using chip-readers from a distance of up to 300 feet, and will help in monitoring cars that are speeding, breaking traffic rules, or violating pollution control norms.

High-tech number plates for 20 lakh vehicles soon - The Times of India
State transport commissioner V N More said the plates will be introduced in phases. "We plan to cover 1.70 crore vehicles (including twowheelers ) across the state within two years," he stated. A notification will be issued by Mantralaya soon and once this is done, citizens will have to switch over to the new number plates.

:mad ():

IN UP
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-04-13/lucknow/29413346_1_gps-tracker-new-vehicles

iCon

masoom kameena!
Regulars
May 18, 2011
Hehe..why are you worried? are you a rash driver? :haha: Look at the positive side!

S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

[OP]
Dont you realize that the govt will know your every move?

iCon

masoom kameena!
Regulars
May 18, 2011
Arey so what? I am not a criminal then I dont need to worry about my movement..lol..that will be different matter if my gf's father is in RTO and I used to hide by wearing helmet..then he can track me down by RFID :iconrofl:If govt want to spy on someone then there is 1000 way out except using this RF.

S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

[OP]
Forget it,you are mentally retarded to even know the bigger picture.

antifup

Regular
Regulars
May 12, 2012
How many cameras is Reliance about to install throughout Mumbai? And now this. Same thing has happened in the US, since 9/11. (Not RFID plates, but cameras, TSA, and that detention bill that got passed recently)Our freedoms are being taken away in the name of security/terrorism.

iCon

masoom kameena!
Regulars
May 18, 2011
Forget it,you are mentally retarded to even know the bigger picture.
hehe..Thanks Bro! Today i will not get angry :)

S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

[OP]
How many cameras is Reliance about to install throughout Mumbai? And now this. Same thing has happened in the US, since 9/11. (Not RFID plates, but cameras, TSA, and that detention bill that got passed recently)
Our freedoms are being taken away in the name of security/terrorism.

They are done by the govt,thats the secret\conspiracy.

btw its 6000 cameras that will be installed in mumbai.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Dont you realize that the govt will know your every move?

Just confuse them by walking instead.

S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

[OP]
I wish i was admin here.I would have banned users for joking about this.THIS IS SERIOUS DAMMIT.