Old Receivers - Advice required

tomythomas01

ISP
BSNL
I took a Sun direct connection around 3 years back for more regional channles since my Tata Sky had only limited ones. It worked for 1 year and then I bought a Sun HD box for Rs 9000/- when they launched it. It was not an upgrade offer. After one year (2011 beginning) it stopped working since the Dish has to be reoriented for the new Satellite. Nobody turned up to do that from Sun. After some time they called me for re charging. I told them you come and reorient the Dish, once I receive the signal I will recharge. Many times they promised to do that, even I offered Rs 300 to do that, since they did not want it to do free. But nobody bothered to come and do it, I was made to wait for their arrival at least 3 times. I also did not bother much about it since I had Tata Sky HD+ anyway. After 6 months when I realized that they just call but never bothered to do it, I went ahead and got Airtel HD DVR too which meets my interest in regional channels. Now I am getting calls again from some Sun Dealers they want to pick up the old receivers since I have not renewed it. I am not sure whether it is from Sun or just their dealers wants to make some money out it. Why should we return the old receivers which we paid in full. How to verify whether these calls are from Sun? Do we need to return anything at all?I learned from my experience Sun Service is pathetic in Bangalore, their dealers killed it🙁regards,Tomy

Nope, you get to keep the receivers once you have paid for them. That's how my friend ended up with almost 3 Tata Sky receivers, lol.Complain against them.

Nope, you get to keep the receivers once you have paid for them. That's how my friend ended up with almost 3 Tata Sky receivers, lol.
Complain against them.

Thanks Friend