Shifting from BSNL to You Broadband, want to know Router/Modem Requirements

• Thread starter Thread starter ronnie_1712
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 11,174

ronnie_1712

ISP
BSNL
Hey all. This is my first post here!Back to the topic, I'm going to shift from BSNL to You Broadband, and I had a couple of questions in my mind.BSNL provided me with Teracom T2-B-Gawv1.4u10Y-BI modem, and I've been very happy with it. You Broadband is offering higher speeds at pretty much the same cost, so, I called their customer care to inquire about the charges etc. They said that they'll also sell me a router and a modem, but I don't think I need one, since this Teracom modem also supports WiFi. I'm confused. Can anyone tell me if it will work with You Broadband? Any help is appreciated!

Nope. A router modem can't support Co Ax ISPs like YOU

Damn. What alternative would you suggest, then? I don't want to buy from them.

You dont have to buy , they give you the modem with a security deposit which is refundable when you return the connection back to them, when I took the connection in August 2011 I paid them 750/- for the modem as security deposit, you need to find out the current rate ...

Oh. The CC guy didn't tell me about that. That sounds okay. You'll have to purchase a router separately or does the modem have it in-built, ala my Teracom router modem?Edit: also, please suggest a good wifi router.

What is your budget for a wifi router , assuming that YOU provides you with a modem only.

I just purchased a TP-Link router from flipkart its was 1050rs. works pretty well, it is compatible with YOU.Also, keep in mind, contrary to what gaurang said, these days they dont charge for Modem since they do NOT give you a modem, they give u a wire directly which is a CAT5 cable. However, NOW they charge you rs.800 for ONT which is non refundable. Also installation is free if you purchase a plan which has validity for 3 months.As far as the service in concerned it is good, i am new customer myself, no downtime. I get the said speed all the time. Hope this helps.

Best modem to settle with is Netgear and no teracom wont work with infrastructure you uses and one more thng the present modem cost of yous modem is 1650 check the pictures of it online on yous website

well the YOU guys cannot provide connection to me. Their line ends just a KM away from my place, sucks.