Samsung Bad Quality Refrigerator (Recommend a Double Door Fridge)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,758
D

Deleted member 13033

Mom's fridge broke yesterday night maybe because of all the voltage fluctuations that have been happening....we were using Samsung before that Kelvinator.Kelvinator we were using even before I was born that for almost 35yrs without problems and this Samsung one broke in some 6 yrs or so. on top of that Samsung use to give all kinds of noises it wasn't as calm as the Kelvinator one either. SO Samsung is out so plz recommend some other brand which works well. Capacity less than 300L, Double door. I probably will have to buy it in the nest 24hrs so this is really a urgent thread recommendation UPDATE: One Samsung guy came from the company who was suppose to arrive at 4PM but never showed up unit 7:30 PM that too after repeatedly calling crap unhelpful Samsung Cust. Care who kept giving some numbers to try and contact the engineer and they all turned out be useless. When the the guy finally arrived he says that even though your Fridge is Frost Free there is ice deposited at back body of the fridge which caused the back plating of the Fridge to crack and therefore the Fridge is not cooling and there is no option but to buy a new Fridge. Mom and me were totally shocked like how can Frost Free Refrigerator have ice deposited on the back body in the 1st place and why the F will Samsung call it Frost Free if it isn't ! Totally Ridiculous

Go for LG, recently bought one double door for 16400/-

Gone are the days when companies made items that lasted 35 years. these days situation is same for all the companies, they all make shit stuff which doesnt last long. i'd have recommended samsung 280lt model as i am using rt28 and rt32 models, 280 and 315lt respectively from last 4 years and no issues so far, no noises as you mentioned.Gone are the days when companies made items that lasted 35 years. these days situation is same for all the companies, they all make shit stuff which doesnt last long. i'd have recommended samsung 280lt model as i am using rt28 and rt32 models, 280 and 315lt respectively from last 4 years and no issues so far, no noises as you mentioned.

ya I also prefer LG brand !I went to the this big authorized showroom of LG today in the evening located at Lajpat Nagar Market in Delhi, these guys had like no models which are listed online available with them.we decided to go for the 290L for which the sales guy had just 2 models with him out of which one looked like totally basic didn't even have proper side compartments and other one seemed okish which I finalized since I didn't have any other option with me. Mom liked LG GL-308VE4(WB) and those guys didn't have it. I wanted to order it from flipkart but she wouldn't let me as she wanted to see it before buying...I guess thats fair...maybe flipkart can start providing 360* view pics of inside too would have made it much simpler.....to convince ! So finally when it came to bargaining at the store on the price 1st the sales guy quoted me 22k and then came down to Rs 20000 i decided to go for it and then last minute he says that price will be only 22K and he never said Rs 20000. Spoke to the guy in charge of the store same story with him too and then he grudgingly says ok I will give you extra Rs 300 discount but now I will have to bear the cartage expense which is around Rs 280 I was like wtf ? ...plus in the entire Lajpat Nagar Market they were the only ones who had LG not even Vijay Sales had it which was really weird.Finally had to settle for it.... I will quote the model no. tomorrow I don't remember it right now. It is something like LG S04...290L I couldn't really find it on the net either that model no.

If people really want products that last, Indian brands are the way to go. They might not have the jazz or oomph factor of the international ones, but they are built to last keeping in mind the terrible Indian operating conditions. There is a reason Videocon's products still rule the roost outside the metros

I am also looking to buy new fridge with capacity greater than 300L..we have currently godrej which has been serving us for past 12years but recently it has started giving problems..Looking for reliable brand with good A.S.S...Have shortlisted the following brands-Samsung,LG.godrej,Panasonic..TIA..

just get prepared to see the shitty electronics of today. the fridge you would buy today would probably not last for half as long.

Whirlpool, godrej are fine for indian conditions. Avoid the korean brands (LG, samsung, toshiba etc). If you want to go for Panasonic. Prefer the inverter model. But that one starts above 400 ltrs. And would cost around 25-30k. Hitachi is also good, but check the after sales service of it. Always buy an external stablizer along with the refridgerator.

Allwyn lasted 35 years for momLG was like an almirah. Threw that out in 2 years when it died.Now using Samsung at mom's place.I guess Godrej is the better of the brands, which lasts a long time.

Not everything made in China. Just the replicas\fake products of reputed brands are made\imported from China. Nearly 10 lakhs Chinese O General airconditioners were sold in grey market and from reputed multi brand retail shops in India this summer. Chinese fakes are cheap. Atleast 10k less than genuine product & comes with 1 yr onsite warranty n the after sales service is managed by the shop service men from where you bought the product. No direct company service & No 5 yrs warranty for compressor ...

Whirlpool, godrej are fine for indian conditions. Avoid the korean brands (LG, samsung, toshiba etc). If you want to go for Panasonic. Prefer the inverter model. But that one starts above 400 ltrs. And would cost around 25-30k.

Hitachi is also good, but check the after sales service of it. Always buy an external stablizer along with the refridgerator.

Checked few hitachi models but no idea about A.S.S...looking around in a budget of 25-30k can stretch by another 5k..
seems these days most electronics showrooms are flooded with korean brands..Also checked out panasonic models with bottom freezer..These fridge is going to be used by my parents,so am looking for reliable one...

Also no one seem to recommend godrej these days..also i have been most friends,colleagues swear by lg,samsung..

just get prepared to see the shitty electronics of today. the fridge you would buy today would probably not last for half as long.

i second that bro...we had bought our 1st semi auto videcon w/m in 90's forgot the year,it was more reliable than our present samsung w/m..then we later came to know that videocon had some tie up with national brand for their w/m,&they were re badged&sold as videocon w/m...

What evr the appliances is. The Life of the korean brands are 5-7 yrs max. Evn if you maintain with proper care. Because their R & D is very active to bring the new improved tech evry 2 yrs. Keeping that in mind they make good looking, stylish products using the cheap spares that last only for 5+ yrs. So, except TVs & mobiles. Don't go with other korean products. Godrej is still a reliable brand. I have both godrej & whirlpool. Both crossed 5 yrs n the box still looks new & perfect. Also have bought samsung for my dad. Disappointed with the cheap box. It started giving problems in 2 yrs. Prefer whirlpool if you don't want to go with godrej.

What evr the appliances is. The Life of the korean brands are 5-7 yrs max. Evn if you maintain with proper care. Because their R & D is very active to bring the new improved tech evry 2 yrs. Keeping that in mind they make good looking, stylish products using the cheap spares that last only for 5+ yrs.

So, except TVs & mobiles. Don't go with other korean products. Godrej is still a reliable brand. I have both godrej & whirlpool. Both crossed 5 yrs n the box still looks new & perfect. Also have bought samsung for my dad. Disappointed with the cheap box. It started giving problems in 2 yrs. Prefer whirlpool if you don't want to go with godrej.

I am inclined towards Panasonic since the national brand being took over by panasonic...but am being told all their products are locally assembled none are imported??(except for Hitachi)...this is what sales guy told...

Will check out whirlpool..