GTPL Broadband

ISP
gtpl connection
hi i recently purchased gtlp (gujarat telecome pvt ltd) unlimited broadband connection...i want to make this connection wirelessly...i already had Netgear dg834g v3 adsl router...and i try to connect my internet cable (rj45) to router but i couldnt get connection in computer...there is something error come up in computer regarding dial up connection...please help me how could i done with this situation...i didnt get how i manage dialup connection wireless...

The router you are using does not work for this kind of connection as it is designed to be used for ADSL (I assume you were previously on BSNL). You need a different router. The one I normally like is Netgear's WGR614 which can be had on Flipkart for just under Rs1500, but any *NON* ADSL router will do - just avoid any brand that has "Link" in the name (such as D-Link, TP-Link etc).

Seems you have decent taste in hardware 😛

Hi, I had gtpl connection and I already bought TP-Link WR740N router and I can't configure it. I just ready your comment to avoid the "link" router. So do you have any reason or can you tell me some idea to solve this problem.

Hi, I had gtpl connection and I already bought TP-Link WR740N router and I can't configure it. I just ready your comment to avoid the "link" router. So do you have any reason or can you tell me some idea to solve this problem.

Although I've not had trouble configuring routers by TP-Link (and D-Link, A-Link etc), I've found the performance of the TP-Link devices I've tried to be less than stellar.

On another note: the main reason I avoid D-Link these days is because of the DIR-615 device, which tends to be very unstable and the connection just dies for no apparent reason. As of now it is one of the largest source of complaints for my service - 90% of the time a power-cycle fixes the problem but IMO users shouldn't *have* to do this - at least not this often. I've seen some of this model get so bad that it had to be done more than once per day, so now we normally recommend users with this particular model to replace it, and users looking to buy to avoid it despite it's cheap price.

Back to the original topic, what issue(s) are you having in configuring your router? Are you able to access the setup page and all?

Dear RonakBhai,I have a GTPL unlimited broadband connection but i don't know how to connect router and make wireless connection. So please can you give me your mobile number. I want to talk with you about wireless connection. I am from paldi, ahmedabad.Please help me for wireless connection.My Mobile number83478111579428552860

Hey Chetan.. I have TP-Link TD-W8951ND modem+router. Can I use it for GTPL? I am currently using BSNL.

No. This router is designed for ADSL connections (BSNL, MTNL, Airtel) and won't work on GTPL. You will need a different model without the ADSL modem in it.

I am having Netgear WGR614 v9 Router
I recently got GTPL broadband. previous was bsnl.
I can use bsnl though LAN dialup but when I do the same through Router, it doesnt connect.
I asked to GTPL on the 2nd day of purchase plan, they asked for 200-300 Rs for it 🙁
Anyone found solution ?