GTPL Broadband

thanks m waiting though.

Hi guys,
No matter what the router make is, here are the steps to connect your router with a GTPL connection.
1. Connect either your computer or laptop directly using the LAN cable coming from the out line of your MODEM
which is usually a black box having one input and one output line.
2. When connection established for any of your computer/laptop (hereafter referred to as machine),
a. Right click on the network icon on the bottom right corner of your desktop.
b. Open network and sharing center.
c. Click on ethernet
d. In the general tab go to details.
NOTE: If connection cannot be established for any of the machines, call GTPL customer care :18002330233.
While calling , make sure you have direct LAN connection(without the WIFI router being an intermediary)
with any of your machines as explained above.
The Customer care guys will ask for your username and ask you if you are currently connected. Provide
your username and respond in positive that you are connected.It will just take a moment for them to fix this.
Once connected, start with step no.2.
3. Note down the physical address. - This is the MAC address for which you are registered with GTPL.
4. Switch on the WIFI Router. Open the router settings using the router IP in the browser such as
http://192.168.2.1. - This IP address may vary from router to router. See router's manual for the appropriate
IP address.Also you need to login to the router settings. Again the username and password asked here
are different from network credentials and WIFI password. See the the router's manual for the default username
and password to access the WIFI router's settings.
NOTE: If using a laptop, you can access this page by connecting to the WIFI Router's network. For a desktop
you need to use a LAN cable to make a connection between any of the "LAN" ports on the WIFI router and the
LAN port of your computer.
5. In the WAN Interface settings under Network settings(may vary from router to router) ,select ISP(or Connection type) as PPPoE,
enter your loginID, Password, Service name. Remember - the password here is your account password and not your WIFI password.
The password is the user's phone number by default for GTPL customers.
6. Now the most important part : -
Under the Router MAC Address section , there are around 3 main options :-
1. Use default address. - Do not tick this.
2. Use computer address. - Do not tick this.
3. User this MAC address - Tick this and enter the MAC Address noted above.
7. Apply the changes - Enjoy!!.
8. If you want to change your wifi password, look for something like "Passkey" or "Passphrase" under security
options which has the option of encryption types such as WPA-PSK/WPA-PSK2 etc. Select WPA-PSK2 and enter the
desired WIFI password. Your network is secured now.
Logic for doing the above :-
GTPL customers are registerd with only one MAC address. So in order to connect multiple devices using your
WIFI router, you need to instruct your WIFI router to use the regitered MAC Address.

Just take GTPL broadband connection.
Taken 512 kbps Unlimited plan for Rs. 3300/- for six month and 3 months free so total 9 months for Rs. 3300/-.
And m using it for 2 hours, speed is good till now.
Will share more details after using it for 2-4 days

NEVER EVERY GO FOR GTPL BROADBAND.
- lack of speed.
-limited excess service everyday
-poor after sell service
-poor customer care response
-and above all again POOR SPEED.

Hello. Please assist me which kind of wifi router should I buy. I use GTPL broadband. I am confused that should I use a wifi router with modem or without modem. I've heard that GTPL broadband doesn't require a wifi router with modem. I have no idea about this. Can I buy Netgear Wireless-N 150 Router (WNR612) ? Please assist me. Thank you in advance.

Thank you tri_vis and chromaniac. I have got the Netgear WNR612 wifi router now. I have added the MAC address through the customer care. But i'm experiencing some problems with its configuration. When i initially configure it through my laptop it automatically detects the internet type i.e., PPPoE and further it asks for the login and password of the ISP(Internet Service Provider). Even though I enter it correctly it displays it as incorrect. Then i reconfirmed by calling the GTPL customer care care number, he representative said they have already added the MAC address and there are no issues. Then I had a chat with the Netgear support team through the website the representative said me to manually configure the router. I tried but still the ISP login ID and password are reflecting as incorrect. Even the internet LED is ON when i connect my LAN wire into the router. I have tried entering my ISP login ID and password for almost 200 times by now but it still displays it as incorrect. I regret buying this wifi router now. Please resolve my inconvenience. Thank you in advance.

I also have problem setting up the router initially. But I have talked with GTPL guys and they can able to setup the router and it's working fine now. Just tell them to send someone to attend.
Or try this.
I understand that u have manually entered username & password in router configuration.
After that go to network & sharing center - change adapter setting - open property of local area connection.
then open Internet protocol Version 4( TCP/IPv4) properties.
click on use this IP address and enter value as below:
IP Address : 192.168.1.XXX ( u can use any value from 3-255)
subnet mask will be : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1
That's it . 99% u r problem will be solved.