DNS Server IP`s of DREAMTEL BROADBAND [PUNJAB]

• Thread starter Thread starter bodmas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 11,127

bodmas

ISP
DreamTel
Friends!I need to setup STATIC IP for my DREAMTEL BROADBAND ISP. Can anyone please provide me DNS IP details of the ISP here so that i can Port forward IPs manually.Advance thanks!

Why do you need dns for forwarding ports ?

I am creating Static IP for port forwarding via Wifi. Dreamtel broadband is using WiMax technology thus they dont provide modem. They gave us direct access of LAN cable into our Wifi from roof. I hope @x720 you are getting me.

hey bodmas, i am getting a similar service from Ecobhai Broadband. Could you please tell me how is the WiMax experience? do you get full speed? and what is the latency/ping like? do you mind posting a speedtest result? Would really help me, thanks man.

Looks good! I'm just worried since it's wireless and the ISP(ecobhai) is unknown, how the service would be. Guess I just have to give it a try. Thanks 🙂

Dont worry! Just give it a try and tell us your reviews regarding ECOBHAI ISP. Well! anybody here can us to configure DreamTel Broadband for port forwarding. We dont have thier ip of control panel as well as DNS ip of them. Do assist us to configure for port forwarding.

Bumping after long time.
Is there anyway to "Port Forward" in Dreamtel`s WiMax.
PS: Is "Port Forwarding" possible on WiMax through VPN?

Last edited:
If it is possible through VPN then let me give a try. I will update this thread if i get any useful info regarding VPN research work. Meanwhile members, if anybody got helpful links related to "Port Forwarding through VPN" then do share.
Thanks!!

Update:
To experiment port forwarding on WiMax, i have decided to change my ISP to Beyond WiMax Broadband , Amritsar from DreamTel WiMax Broadband . My sole purpose of port forwarding is to view my CCTVs online through dynamic IP.
Fortunately, i have configured their router to watch my DVR online through Port Forwarding and Dynamic DNS (Hostname) but didnt succeed in viewing cameras online. I am getting BEYOND ISP Login page after entering hostname (Dynamic DDNS). Its seems like they have alloted me private IP (NAT address) from their end. Is it possible to get public IP through any settings in WiMax router?
I am repeating again, there is no Bridge mode activated in router or STATIC IP given by ISP.

Last edited: