Post FUP should be 512kbps, as mentioned on Airtel website.

• Thread starter Thread starter antifup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,142

antifup

Regular
ISP
Airtel
It says here that we should get half the speed after FUP:
Code:
http://www.airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/airtel.in/airtel.in/home/forme_newuser/broadband+and+fixed+Line/FAQ+for+FUP/

Why isn't Airtel following its own policy?

because this policy is like years old? newer plans do not follow a fup policy. they follow what the plan specifies. and every plan has clear description of speed before and after fup is hit.

where did you find this page linked? all big websites would have dead pages hosted here and there. airtel website is a mess of course. but at least their packages have been rather clear about FUPs for a while now.

The link to this is in the first post. Oh well, just posted this to see if there is any hope for getting 512kbps as the post-fup speed.

right. they seem to have linked it from the broadband section which is bad of them.

but didn't airtel force every user on the older plans to migrate to one of the newer plans?

Not for me. As far as I know they don't force the customer to migrate to new plans.

lol. lucky you. lots of people here have been pushed to one of the newer plans by airtel.

wait, so genie you get post-fup half the speed? Damn, I'm going to give Airtel CC an earful.

wait, so genie you get post-fup half the speed? Damn, I'm going to give Airtel CC an earful.

Yes !

2mbps till 30GB and after that 1mbps unlimited

Monthly bill Rs 1699+tax Also includes Rs100 worth of Speed on Demand and some free calls ( I have forgotten how many calls )

Actually Airtel is not under a contract to continue to provide the old plans and they can force the customer to select a new plan . They normally allow the customer to continue with old plan but if customer wants an upgrades then he will have to select from the new plans.

I never received a call from them to confirm anything from me. In April this year, my connection was automatically upgraded to 2mbps(previously 1mbps), although the price is still the same. And the whole FUP hoopla was activated. 🙁

so i am ordering a connection this week.....any words about its speed,service,speed upgrade!!!!! hey fup is nice feauture for even distrubution of bandwidth to all users....dnt just blame indian operators...verizon FIOS,comcast from usa also uses FUP.....but i really admit post FUP speeds are bad atleast 512 or 786 kbps will be good