• Thread starter Thread starter src2206
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 7,850

src2206

ISP
BSNL
Hello friends

I have recently been presented with a fabulous LG Optimus L3 by my son. I find that it can be used to access the internet using WiFi networks. I presently use a Manik Jod sim card which to my utter surprise found to already 3G enabled. I have surfed the net using the 3G network through my SIM card, but the cost is not favorable, 1p/10kB, so about Re. 1/MB. Hence I have the following questions:

1. Could some one please guide me to set up a WiFi access point at my home using the above mentioned modem?

2. I do not intend to UL/DL anything specific using my phone, just general browsing, email, FB etc. May be sme small application using the Google Play store. As i do not have any experience about the expected/ approximate Data usage for these functions, do the experienced members here think that I should opt for a post paid data plan like Rs.90/300MB, or 1p/kB would suffice?

Thank you

90 bucks for 300mb is any day better if you're going to use 3G. Second, your modem does support wifi. Are you using wifi currently on some other device and just need help with setting it up or do you want to set up a wifi network at your place ?

Log in to the modem and tick on enable WiFi in WiFi page. Add password if required.

Thanks for your replies folks@X720I just need to enable the modem's WiFi connection so that I can use my BSNL Broadband connection through the phone's WiFi, I am not sure what exactly you mean by "set up network"...

Ok friendsI was able to set up the WiFi network from my modem and the phone can connect, but sadly I can not browse. After trying for some time, the phone displays, "No Connection". Any idea?