Ebay purchase went for a Toss. what to do next

Motorazor143

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 256Kbps Unlimited combo
Hi all,I wanted to purchase a graphics card. was looking for good deals on ebay and found a decent deal for a ATI graphics card for 6,600rs. The description of the product said it's a genuine retail new item. I called the seller up, asked him a couple of questions and placed the order. product was delivered to me promptly on the 4th day. I got the first shock when i opened the package. The seal was broken and the item was placed in a generic brown box with no accessories at all. It was supposed to come with Display cable, power cable, Driver's disc and also user manual but everything was missing. The real shocker was the missing bill. there was no bill at all.I immediately called the seller and realized he was just a middle man and it's his vendor whose dispatching the products from a different city. After a couple of phone calls later sellers claims that the vendor has dispatched 20 such products and no customer has complained about missing accessories although he admits that he never sent a bill. he was talking as though i was wrongly claiming that accessories was missing. When i threatened to complain to ebay , seller offered me a 500rs as compensation to keep the product. I said no and asked him to send a replacement product. First he denied and later he said his vendor is ready to dispatch me a retail graphics card with a bill under my name however the vendor will open the box to check accessories and then only dispatch the product..what should i be doing in this situation.I have a suspicion that the seller is dumping off used/refurbished graphics card claiming that it' new. I could have raised a dispute with ebay but it will involve shipping the product back to seller and all such headache.

File a complaint with ebay saying the item does not meet description. If they are satisfied, you get full refund.

^ add to this give seller negative rating , ebay usually takes the buyers side in most casesYou can open a complaint/dispute through My Paisapay - Order ID

yes better complain ebay bcz the seller may later reject saying that some items r missing. Ask ebay that i want full refund r replacement with orginal box n bill

You have nothing to worry. Open a dispute on eBay, and demand a full refund. eBay is extremely buyer friendly as long as the buyer isn't bullshitting.

one good reason why i am scared of selling any shit through ebay!

^ It isn't as bad really. There are some jerks for sure, but it is mostly smooth.

Well, i know it would be a good idea to talk to ebay and raise a dispute against the seller but ebay would ask me to ship the product back to seller which would cost a decent amount of money since the package is heavy.The seller in question is from my city so i'm thinking to get this sorted out my meeting him in person. I told him i will hand him over the card and he can pay the amount back by cash. He seems to be have some apprehensions about it an says he would be in total loss if he accepts the card from me since his vendor will not accept the card back from seller.Seller is trying to sweet talk me into accepting his compensation of 500rs.I could not even test the card since the guy didn't even include a basic accessory like power cable.

Take photos of the item. If the ebay listing (at the time of purchase had no mention of selling of used item, then the case is yours.) Complain to ebay and submit listing number as well as screen shots of package arrival an its contents. Then ebay will ask you to send the items back to the seller (Unfortunately you will have to bear shipping charges). Then they will refund the paid amount soon.Pretty much easy stuff.Open a dispute case as soon as you can.

I used to sell on ebay. Was a power seller. had more than 850 positive feedback in 2006 with no negatives.I used to give my genuine bills.But then I reliased that its not the way for me ahead... and then stopped all SellingMajor money goes to courier & ebay fees.You dont earn much bcz of stiff competition & other fraud sellers.Ebay is not a place for genuine sellers & genuine buyers.

Ebay is not a place for genuine sellers & genuine buyers.

I disagree with that. eBay has high fees for sellers, but it is definitely a good place for both sellers - particularly smaller ones who don't deal in 10s of lakhs per month - and buyers. I have been selling for long and I too am a PS, and while I find their charges ridiculous, if you notice, there is an unspoken cartel amongst all sellers that the margins take into consideration the eBay fees. As regards courier, eBay has tied up with couriers recently for super discounted prices, and while not all sellers are eligible for it yet, a bulk seller can always get a bulk deal from couriers to the tune of 25% based on bargaining position and skills.

You may be right... I am talking of the year 2006... 🙂