how can i configure 24online client wifi nokia siemens 141 router

This router will not work as it is for ADSL, not cable broadband.You will need to buy a different router, then call your provider to do one or two things:1. Reset the MAC binding2. Ensure your account is set to allow PPPoE access (this is optional)Once you've done this, you'll need to log in to the router's web interface and put in your user credentials (whether static IP or if you get the account set to PPPoE then also the username, password & service name).

This router will not work as it is for ADSL, not cable broadband.

You will need to buy a different router, then call your provider to do one or two things:

1. Reset the MAC binding
2. Ensure your account is set to allow PPPoE access (this is optional)

Once you've done this, you'll need to log in to the router's web interface and put in your user credentials (whether static IP or if you get the account set to PPPoE then also the username, password & service name).

sorry sir but i use my router with cable broadband.but i can't config router wifi ..

sorry sir but i use my router with cable broadband.but i can't config router wifi ..

2 Questions:

1: Which port is the cable from the provider plugged in to? (Not the cable from your PC, the one that comes from your building's terrace).

Page 14 of https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:wezfnbore-QJ:www.iad.cz/prez/ADSL_SL2-141_User_Manual.pdf+&hl=en&gl=in&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiiO-NZYFfxXH_PtElTnL2-uCc2pXVeVd0b9UkhwUakNYdiVdi_XAMXZkiK4VVAPg5592gOU1M6DpaZa8sQE-660ypOol4RHits67HRDifBnEq9rET9cGgeh2dogUOeFX_i1UHp&sig=AHIEtbTVPQ8r6QuVjBKoeju47bfZ6CTFRQ has a diagram on the back of this device.

2: On the assumption that the cable from the building's terrace is plugged in to one of the 4 Ethernet ports, this suggests you are using a dialer on your PC OR your computer has been set with a static IP, yes?

2 Questions:

1: Which port is the cable from the provider plugged in to? (Not the cable from your PC, the one that comes from your building's terrace).

Page 14 of https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:wezfnbore-QJ:www.iad.cz/prez/ADSL_SL2-141_User_Manual.pdf+&hl=en&gl=in&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiiO-NZYFfxXH_PtElTnL2-uCc2pXVeVd0b9UkhwUakNYdiVdi_XAMXZkiK4VVAPg5592gOU1M6DpaZa8sQE-660ypOol4RHits67HRDifBnEq9rET9cGgeh2dogUOeFX_i1UHp&sig=AHIEtbTVPQ8r6QuVjBKoeju47bfZ6CTFRQ has a diagram on the back of this device.

2: On the assumption that the cable from the building's terrace is plugged in to one of the 4 Ethernet ports, this suggests you are using a dialer on your PC OR your computer has been set with a static IP, yes?

my router have 4 lan port.i plugged the cable line1 then one Ethernet cable plugged line 2 and other end of the cable Ethernet port of pc.

my router have 4 lan port.i plugged the cable line1 then one Ethernet cable plugged line 2 and other end of the cable Ethernet port of pc.

As I suspected.

Basically you're not using the router as a router, you're using it as a switch only. In this configuration it is completely redundant except for the little blinking lights on the device telling you that the connection is on or not.

What this also means is that you will not be able to use the WiFi functionality of this device because for that to work as intended it needs to be sending the traffic to the DSL port, which it can't do because you're not using a DSL type of connection anymore - nor can you use this type of connection with a local cable operator. BSNL, MTNL, Airtel and sometimes Tata and Reliance are the operators that use DSL.

As such, my original post was correct when I told you you need to buy a different router to use WiFi. You can pick one up from Flipkart for around Rs1000-1500.

I personally like the Netgear WGR614 because it's quick and easy and works for most applications. If you want more functionality or the ability to customize firmware though, there are better routers.

mgcarley said:
This router will not work as it is for ADSL, not cable broadband.You will need to buy a different router, then call your provider to do one or two things:1. Reset the MAC binding2. Ensure your account is set to allow PPPoE access (this is optional)Once you've done this, you'll need to log in to the router's web interface and put in your user credentials (whether static IP or if you get the account set to PPPoE then also the username, password & service name).
Hey, someone on the forum mentioned we can use this modem/router for cable broadband purpose. We can make one of the four ports of Ethernet-Out work as Ethernet-in and in this way, we would need to buy an additional router. Is this possible with the modems cum routers provided with BSNL?