• Thread starter Thread starter noname
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,817

noname

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?d...6792&print=true
Its a bit old article , but a good one.

Quote from the article :

WiMax -- the metro version of wireless LAN -- is being heralded by vendors and carriers alike as the way to roll out broadband services wirelessly, given that around 70 percent of India's population lives in rural areas where there is little telecom infrastructure of any description. "Everybody agrees wireless is the way to go," Pai tells Light Reading.

Connectivity and transit remain expensive. The high cost of circuits has made it difficult for ISPs to provide cost-effective services -- at $20,000, a 2-Mbit/s E1 line is far higher than the cost of a comparable circuit in the U.S. India only opened its first Internet exchange, National Internet eXchange of India (NIXI) , in 2004, and connectivity charges remain high compared to other countries.

And we are talking about 2 Mbps internet to consumers 😀

Your gonna jinx the whole thing by talking abt it....shh' :l

>And we are talking about 2 Mbps internet to consumers LOL, first let them provide a 128 kbps dedicated connection 😛

// LOL, first let them provide a 128 kbps dedicated connection tongue.gif //I didnt understand what was funny with thatuntil I read your connection - "*CHOR* pacenet 72 kbps" !Thats bad.I have been getting dedicated 128 kbps with no down time...

well, access to 128 is not uniform...forget the rural areas, even metros are like this!!

// access to 128 is not uniform...forget the rural areas, even metros are like this!!Hmm.. Not for me. Min 13 KB/sec day time. Night 14-15.5 KB/Sec. Upload 14-16.6 KB/sec mostly.