Should I go for this ISP?

I think many of the threads in the "Tikona" section speak for themselves - here is a random selection from the first page of the Tikona section...
https://broadband.forum/tikona-broadband/55484-is-it-worth-changing-tikona/5/
https://broadband.forum/tikona-broadband/78665-am-i-saved/
https://broadband.forum/tikona-broadband/77992-fraud-alert-worst-experience-tikona/2/
https://broadband.forum/tikona-broadband/79253-anything-we-can-raise-trai/
For good measure I will include some positive reviews of the service... https://broadband.forum/tikona-broadband/79257-tikona-review-tikona-broadband-feedback/ ...except... they're not really positive reviews... but recommend going through other threads and seeing for yourself.

Putting aside for a moment that they are "competition", I am aware that being in Colaba, you have very few options because nobody is allowed to build anything (thanks BMC!), so if they're your only choice, then... you pretty much have to go with them.

I am totally confused about it now.Some are saying its good and some are saying it's the worst.I think I should go for MTNL now.

Unfortunately, very few of the reviews I've seen are positive. I can't speak for all reviews, but the ones that are posted lately seem to be fake (such as the ones at https://broadband.forum/tikona-broadband/79257-tikona-review-tikona-broadband-feedback/) as pointed out by the administrator of this site. This may not be true for all reviews, but as is the case with any product or service "your experience may differ" and "buyer beware".

I am totally confused about it now.
Some are saying its good and some are saying it's the worst.
I think I should go for MTNL now.

I would really like to meet someone who says it is good, provided he isn't an employee or stock holder in the company. These guys have consistently bad service across India, and in that way, they are probably the only company who have 'maintained the same standard throughout'

Of course, why would you consider tikona over mtnl. And mtnl was/is pretty awesome in colaba.

I for one beg to differ. I've used tikona for 6months~10months (don't remember exactly) and i've got mentioned speeds without any downtime. but yeah .. reviews here say otherwise

I for one beg to differ.

The product might be good. Probably you are lucky enough not to have the need to contact for support. For almost all the reviews revolve around the same.

For me, before I could even test the product had to take a decision of un subscribing for I had faced lots of support challenges.

Well right now I have after spending dedicated time in follow ups, got a mail stating that the services are terminated, but they are not committing to a refund for services not rendered. I have planned to go the legal way if the need arises and do not want to detail more now as I do not want them to know my preparations.

Hi,I have been using Tikona for close to Two years now (Cust Id: 1101895962). I must say that the speeds are good and if you do not have a problem, then the connection works perfectly for you. But, if you have encounter a problem and have to go customer service, then you are in hands of God; only he can save you.I was using a Circuit Breaker Plan (CB499) and my usage exceeded the free usage and my speed was lowered from 2 Mbps to 64 Kbps. I called up the customer service to check for the procedure of upgrading the speed back and the answer was to but a recharge coupon from a retailer. Having no other go, I asked for the nearby retailer, I was given two choices. Though they were little far from where I stay, I visited them today. while one retailer had closed his shop, the second one(Chandra Trading @ Chanda Nagar) told me that he had got his voucher machine upgraded and he did not have Tikona in the new upgrade.I called up customer care again to find out if there are any other stores available in nearby vicinity, after checking for close to 10 minutes, we figured out that there was none. In fact the customer care executive made a remark saying that in Hyderabad, we have limited retailers. Having said that she told me that there is no point looking out for retailers, and I must recharge the account online through Credit Card. I was taken by surprise, if that was the case why was I asked to run my car and waste diesel. I could have done it sitting at home.I called up customer care and the same was told to me that if I pay my current bill, my speed will be restored to 2 Mbps back immediately. I felt happy and made a payment immediately. To my surprise, the speed was still 64 kbps. I called up customer care and the executive informed me that the speed will be restored in maximum of 30 minutes. Again the same did not happen, I called up the customer care and was diverted to technical team, stating that this is a tech issue. The tech guy confidently told me that my connection was on 2 mbps now. since I was out, I said will go home and revert on this. I returned home after couple of hours to find that I was still on 64 kbps. This was heights, I called up the tech support and from now on the discussion with the Tikona reps went for almost an hour. The billing guy would say everything is clear from our end and would forward my connection to tech team. the tech team would say it is billing issue and they throw me back to billing. i spoke to a gentleman called Kundan (Customer care) and he told me everything is clear from our end and connected me to a gentleman named Ashok who said that it is a billing issue and transfered me back to Rayeez of customer care. I was fed up of all these and asked Rayeez to connect me to someone senior to which he told me that there are no senior guys available. Can anyone imagine that a national ISP saying that it is run only juinor cadre guys and seniors don't come to office ? On a heavy tone from my end, he agreed to connect me to his senior. But, the call never went and was disconnected by the team.It was getting on to my nerves now, I called up the customer care again and spoke to one Mr. Abdul whom I asked to connect to Mr. Rayeez. the answer I got was Rayeez sits in a different centre and I can't transfer the call to him. I asked him to connect me to a senior for which he disconnected the call. diconnecting the call has been a famous art of the Tikona executives and I have seen plenty with this customer care only till now.I called up again and got connected to one Mr. Irfan. I asked him explicitly if he is in the same centre as Rayeez and he said yes. Based on hsi confirmation i asked him to connect to rayeez, for which he said that it is not possible and he will get a call back arranged from Rayeez in next 15 minutes. I waited for 15 minutes but like all other false promises of cutsomercare the call never came. I again dialled and got connected to another customer insensitive executive Mr. Abhishek. He told me that he will get a call back arranged by Rayeez. with my expereince, I knew it was certainly not going to happen so asked him to connect to someone senior for which I got an unimaginable answer. He told me that his work shift is over and he cannot transfer call anywhere and that I could now talk to Rayeez next day only. After threatening of a consumer forum approach, he was casual in saying that he cannot help.I had been pleading the customercare guys to restore my connection or atleast guide me to the way to get it retored but all of it went into deaf ears. the guys are not professional and most of them cannot speak good english too. And on top of it, it is evident that these guys don't get soft skill trainings. They frequently would disconnect the call if they do not like your voice. And it for these guys that the phrase goes "Promises are meant to be broken".I have been using this connection for close to 2 years now and I guess it is time to bid farewell to Tikona till they improvize on services.Sandeep Kumar.

Just curious, don't you have Beam in your area? From what I have read so far, they seem to be a far lesser evil than these guys

Just curious, don't you have Beam in your area? From what I have read so far, they seem to be a far lesser evil than these guys

Hi,

Did not try them as yet...first thing is to check with them now. Only challenge is that they will not have a plan matching to what I use. But worth a try 🙂

Sandeep.

I was using a Circuit Breaker Plan (CB499) and my usage exceeded the free usage and my speed was lowered from 2 Mbps to 64 Kbps.

Change your plan to HYDM1024 (1Mbps with 30GB FUP for 799) or better still HYDM2048 (2Mbps with 50GB FUP for 849).

Also, in all plans - if you cross FUP, speeds are automatically reset when the new billing cycle starts.

I was up for shock when I called up the customer care technical department at 12.20 am on 5 July and I got an IVR response to hold and I was told that my approx waiting time was 105 minutes....Ohh Jesus save Tikona !!