BSNL 3G Peculiar behaviour

• Thread starter Thread starter vsk2712
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,127

vsk2712

ISP
BSNL 3G
I got BSNL 3G post paid SIM. I am using net using my Nokia 5800 mobile. I get speeds about 800kbps-3mpbs. But there is one peculiar problem.
Window7-
1. If i connect net using my phone and use a browser the browser works for 1-2 minutes then connection goes 0kbps.
2. whatever i do browser wont load the page the speed will be about 100 bps
3. Now If i ping using "ping Google -t -l 65500" then the speed shoots to 50kbps - 64 kbps in both upload and download
4. Now i try to load page in browser still no luck no loading.
5. Now i stopped pinging then loaded a on-line game who require a speed about just 5-20kbps. The on-line game works nicely still no luck in browser
6. Now if i have to use browser i have to dis connect and re-connect, then again browsers work only for 1-2 min. I tried IE8/9 and chrome no luck

Window XP
1. Contrast to win7, XP things work fine the speeds are similar and browsers too work nicely rarely some times connection go off but keep refreshing it suddenly come back.

Can any body provide a face similar ones solution or fix for above issue. It looks like its not really BSNL problem or Mobile problem.

Hai...I'm using BSNL 3G around 2 years and didn't face any problems except frequent disconnecting issues when using in my laptop(Windows 7).In my experience, i guess the 3G boost speed only when we start downloading any files and in normal browsing, the connection works like a 256 kbps(not even 1mbps). This is actually weird. but the above case is only when using it in my laptop by Nokia E72. 3G works (youtube streaming, downloading) perfectly within the mobile.ps: check your '3G' signal strength and select network as "UMTS" Mode (not "DUAL" mode) in your phone settings.

Same here. In mobile every works fine and good. as u told youtube also work nice in mobile. But when i connect PC it goes mad. The browsers dont work more than few minutes, dont work means compete 0kbps. But downloads and online games works i dont know where is problem. Signal full no issues, setting is UMTS. But browsers dont work why and why only windows 7. 🙁

This is due to WCDMA to HSPDA conversion.if u not download or browse for a while then you connection goes from HSPDA to WCDMA. as a result 0kb browsing or slow browsing so in order to get good browsing download in backgound and browse for best experience.

I tried ping at 65500(64k) connection speed was 64kbps. The ping was working but not the browser.. Is it something to do with phone, APN setting, or network itself. becoz i am planning take data card. Will i get same behaviour in data card also?I have one more doubt. when we use high speed data cards like 3.6mbps -> 7.2mbps ->14.4mbps do we need to change anything any where or the speed simply takes whatever modem delivers?

BSNL is still strange to me.
In Huwaei E1750 7.2mbps modem i get max 2.4 ( 200-300 KBps speed )
whereas Huwaei E353 21mbps modem i get 3.6-4mbps ( 300-450 KBps speed )

so go for higher one to get higher speed.

See My download speed and DATA

Ya your Data is whooping. I have planned to take Huawei E1820. My only concern is speed drop to 0kbps for browsing in 2 minutes. 🙁

Hi Guys,I am adding an update. I got the Huawei E182E modem and the speeds are good. Once it even touched 6Mbps. But still the windows7 issue is present( as decribed in my 1st post). It looks something to do with windows 7 firewall or tcpip setting... help me please

Hi All, Finally found where is the problem. The problem was with my antivirus firewall. I contacted antivirus support, they asked me to update the anitvirus. After i did, everything started working like magic.This is for information to all u guys