want to appropriate replacement for my modem.

Munna Mishra

friends i have been using the modem(i dont know if it is router only) smartex mt882 of Huawei technologies ltd ,that was provided to me 8 years back by bsnl.now it has developed problems.i am looking for a replacement.would any esteem member suggest worthy replacement for it.i am looking for wi-fi connection to run internet both in my desktop and laptop.do i need modem and router both?i am a layman ,unable to distinguish between both.which models of TP-Link modem and D-Link modem suitable for my computer.will i face any problem while configuring .will any esteem member tender his helping hand to me..Bijoy

Search. Read through my last few posts .

sir u have suggested Buffalo WCR-G300 Wireless-N Router & Access Point,in ur last post.it is wireless without modem, can that be appropriate replacement..sorry for asking silly question.i have no knowledge regarding these..thanking you for ur kind reply

Ah well. You need a new modem too. Please tell me your budget and a little description of the area you want to use wifi over

sir my budget is 3k.distance 50 feet,and configuration for the modem should not be tough as i have to do that myself.sir i can make compromise with the distance if i am asking too much.thanking you

3k is a quite a good budget. Could you mention area in sq ft ?

alright. I'm caught up with some work. I'll post some stuff tomorrow. Else, wait for someone else to answer, or browse the forums.

D-Link 2750u would be a good option for you - there are some very good reviews of the same & it fits well in your budget as well as covers all your requirements.

You can have more info - here