• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 67,267

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
Hello,

When I try to access http://192.168.1.1/main.html - it asks me for a username/password. The problem is, I used to login with admin/password but that doesn't work anymore. Any idea what the new username/password is?

Thanks,
Crazysah

try admin & your account number as password. recently airtel has changed the default password remotely for many users.

Nope. The admin & account number didn't work. Anything else I can try?

Ah dammit. Will have to call them in the morning then.

The password is the account number and not the telephone number just in case you misunderstood itzmynet's post.

If you know how to reconfigure your modem try resetting it and use admin / password

And how do I reconfigure the modem? Do I just press the rest button on it?

No. Account name is the password of your BB account. Username is usually something like -

phonenumber_DSL@touchtelbroadband.in

Or

yourname_statename@touchtelbroadband.in

For example, for haryana, state name is given as hry , should be something like del for Delhi.

Also, for newer connections, I believe , the @ is followed by airtelbroadband.in

And how do I reconfigure the modem? Do I just press the rest button on it?

You reset the modem by pressing into the pinhole at the back (use a ballpoint pen refill or toothpick) This will rest the modem to default settings which means the configuration for Airtel will be deleted and you will lose internet connection.

Next you have to log in by using the default login admin/password and then reconfigure by entering your Airtel broadband userid and password (see screenshots below)

Photo Album - Imgur