• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,668
Status
Not open for further replies.

smondal29

ISP
wired
I have plan of Freedom 999 in kolkata, which speed up to 12 mbps up to 25GB thereafter 1 mbps, but my connection never speed up more than 1 mbps, even speed test result shows the same below 1 mbps speed, the engineer/technician told me that this is not 12 mbps bandwidth connection but share bandwidth speed upto 12 mbps ( means you can use parallel 12 user or 12 download can be done same time with 1 mbps speed,) either it is a tricky plan or I am being cheated, because after plan sold to me that sales man never received my phone call. I want to ask Reliance it is real 12 mbps connection, or the same as that technician said,Please reply

It seems this is another case of "the technicians are being lazy and not bothering to fix the problem by lying/intentionally trying to confuse customers" or they just don't know what they're talking about.Yes, bandwidth is all shared but not in the way they seem to be saying - in reality it is quite probable that there are far more than 12 users in your area utilizing the same lines as you are and all are invariably sharing the bandwidth from the local point of presence to Reliance's central office in your city or state but, the important thing is that each account on this plan *should* be able to achieve *up to* 12mbit/s - so long as you have not crossed the 25GB fair-usage limit.There is, however, no guarantee on what speed you'll get from any given site/speedtest server/etc and what speeds you do achieve are determined largely by the conditions on the network at any given time as well as the congestion at the points of interconnect with other ISPs and the rest of the Internet.If you *never* receive more than 1mbit/s, they've borked the provisioning and your plan may not be configured correctly in their accounting software.

Thanks for your valuable reply, it shows how company like Reliance handle their customer with fraud sales guy and worth less technicians, who try to complete the job with their word rather than technical capabilities. and Reliance will never take any steps for those because it earn more, I have to disconnect the line.

Thanks for your valuable reply, it shows how company like Reliance handle their customer with fraud sales guy and worth less technicians, who try to complete the job with their word rather than technical capabilities. and Reliance will never take any steps for those because it earn more, I have to disconnect the line.
12 mbps works only on Metro Ethernet and not on ADSL Line. Why dont u go for Night Zoom plan for the same price instead the disconnection and wasting ur money?

Status
Not open for further replies.