President Pratibha Patil pardons murderers, rapists and pedophiles.

r0n

[OP]
Regulars
Jun 14, 2012
President Pratibha Patil has pardoned 30 people in last 28 months, that is more than 1 person per month.
To be honest if there is person who has been convicted with due process, and has sent a appeal to be pardoned, there better be damn good reason to be pardoned, and the only reason I can think off is that there is substantial doubt that he or she did not commit a crime.
In my opinion there should be no pardon for pedophiles and rapists . She as a president has pardoned the worst of the worst.
I don’t know if she understands the brain chemistry and science behind rape and molestation of kids. Those people are wired differently. These kind of people should not be allowed to walk on the street. By issuing pardon to people who are convicted of rape and murder she has sent a wrong message about the civilized nature of Indians as whole. I feel disgusted. I don’t know how she will deal with this personally.
This has forced me to think what kind of guidelines are in place to dispense justice by the highest office in the Repulic of India.

President Pratibha Patil goes on mercy overdrive - Times Of India

President Pratibha Patil has granted a record 30 pardons in the last 28 months, 22 of these relate to brutal crimes. Why has she done that? : Special Report - India Today

GeorgePB

Regulars
Jan 20, 2010
ANON
These kind of people should not be allowed to walk on the street.

And they won't. Commuting a death sentence is different from issuing a complete pardon.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Well, yes and no. It is not that they are let off the next day. I believe the max. life sentence (jailed, is around 30 years, does anyone knows an official number?). A good chance they may die in prison, but they might be out walking at the age of 50s & 60s & above.

ashish

Addicts
Regulars
Jul 21, 2011
Mumbai
Maximum Term under Life imprisonment is 14 years under IPC.Unfortunately we don't have Life Imprisonment Penalty like U.S. where the Maximum penalty can go upto 100,150,200 Yrs.14 Years too can be easily Abused by getting out on Parole then Absconding.The Palande Case was a shocker who was convicted for double Murders, then got out on parole, Again committed 2-3 Murders And even got 2 Passports Made(not forged but officially made), All the while when he was in Prisonhttp://lawcommissionofindia.nic.in/1-50/Report39.pdf

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
I had heard 14 years. But also heard a lot of people of staying more than 14. Hence my confusion. For example, I heard that Nalini (one of Rajiv Gandhi's assassins) is serving life sentence for more than 20 years.

iCon

masoom kameena!
Regulars
May 18, 2011
Umra kaid and Aajivan karawas is 2 different term..dont know the exact English.

Umra kaid :14 years

Aajivan Karawas: Till he/she alive.

r0n

[OP]
Regulars
Jun 14, 2012
I dont know about law too much, but i do know about Medicine and i am positive that a pedophile, cannot be cured. He or she can be rehabilitated upto an extent. Let me explain a bit I am going to give an example of men, when a man sees a beautiful woman he is attracted to her, this initial attraction leads to a powerful wave of neurotransmitters realeased at the nerve endings. This essentially creates a flood in the brain of many chemicals including Epinephrine, Dopamine, and Endorphin etc, these chemicals stimulate our reward centres in the brain. Hence giving us a feeling of pleasure romance, lust etc etc... belive me it gets very complex at miocroscopic level. Now let me apply this to a pedophile, when a pedophile sees a child there is similar chemical reactions taking place in his brain That is what i mean when i says they can never be cured, so we need a way to isolate them from the general population where there are no kids. And at this time in history i dont see anything else other than sending them to prison or i can put it mildly in "confinement"The office of the President needs to know the science before they let people about on to the street.

ashish

Addicts
Regulars
Jul 21, 2011
Mumbai
In last 10 Years there has been only 1 Execution for Capital Punishment.And nowadays Supreme court is Very Cautious in terming cases "Rarest of Rare" and those Filtered Rarest Cases are Pardoned by Prez, then we might Abolish Capital Punishment as well