how to use YOU broadband with bsnl ADSL router+modem

• Thread starter Thread starter sanhin2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 14,877

sanhin2

ISP
BSNL DataOne
Hy guys could any one please give me details about how to set up this connection. I did not get a modem from Youtelecom, just a wire coming into my PC. I have dataone UTstarcom router+modem. I wish to use the bsnl equipment as a ROUTER for my you broadband connection.thanks

I think RJ45 cable is coming. Right?If RJ45 is coming u cannot use ADSL router. U don't need modem. U have to connect to a router which supports RJ45 cable.

hy sachinbryes its an RJ45 cable going directly into my PC. But my router+modem frm BSNL has a 4 ports in the back where this RJ45 cable can fit into.. please elborate? thanks so much for the quick reply

hy sachinbr

yes its an RJ45 cable going directly into my PC. But my router+modem frm BSNL has a 4 ports in the back where this RJ45 cable can fit into.. please elborate? thanks so much for the quick reply

In short, you can't.

If you plug the cable in to any of the 4 ports on the back of this router, it won't perform the desired function (routing, WiFi, sharing with multiple PCs etc).

Ugh. Don't buy anything with the word "link" in the brand. A-Link, D-Link, TP-Link - just avoid - most of what's on offer will give you nothing but grief. Spend the extra 300 bucks and get something halfway decent.

hy guys thanks for ur replies.. i was thinking to go for the TP-Link.. it fits my budget.. would the installation be simple? i am descent with computers and following the manual.. would it be as simple as putting in my username/password etc? i do not know the VI/VC number that youtelecom uses?thanks

Setting up would be easy. Since, you bb is cable based, you do not require vpi/vci. Has you bb given you a username/pw ?

Right, simple enough then. Once you get the router, enter the username/pw in it and you should be good to go. Could you post the link to the router ?