Help - ADSL and internet lights on router are off

• Thread starter Thread starter evilpoodle
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 7,701

evilpoodle

ISP
MTNL
I have a TP-Link TD-W8951 ADSL 2+ modem router. My ISP is MTNL. Since yesterday the internet and ADSL lights on my router are off and - needless to say - I don't have internet access. The wifi signal still shows at full strength in my computer taskbar notification area, but with the yellow exclamation mark that means there's something wrong.This happened after I unplugged the router and plugged it in again because I was moving my computer table. Not sure if I accidentally did something to cause this. Have called MTNL but they won't get here before Monday, if they do at all.Anyone have any ideas about what could be wrong?Thanks in advance.*Crossposted on the routers/modems forum. Apologies for the duplication*

The line is dead? Do you have a phone connected? Is it working?

if the adsl light is not even blinking on the modem then it means the modem is not getting the adsl signal...check if u have wrongly connected the lines on the splitter...

No, that's fine as well. Everything is as it was before. Just the lights have stopped working and I get the yellow mark on the Network access icon in the computer taskbar.